Thread: The US Postal Service

Default The US Postal Service

They Suck! Their prices Suck! Their service sucks!

Went to the post office with 6 boxes today. Two were turned down because they were too long. Both were about 3 feet in length, one was very light.

I had another three other boxes which they complained they did not weigh enough for the size of the box. 20X20x12. They weighed about 5lbs. They wanted to charge me $18.80 just for the shipment. On top of that charge there was a surcharge due to the lack of weight. Total cost of each box $34.00.

I decided to go to UPS. The clerk told me they would charge me two and half times less than the amount of the Postal Service.

I took my chances. UPS cost for my oversized, underweight boxes $13. No surcharge.

IMO the US Postal Service Sucks.

Imagine what health care system would be like when the US Gov. steps in.

Default They all stink

Pebbles, they get you all ways. They use dimensional weight. If the box is light but large, then they use a dimensional weight and the cost is not the weight of the box but the size. It's just another way to get their hands on your money. Money for nothing, aggrevates the hell outta me.

Don't complain while you're down there, they will have you arrested at best, at worst one of em might shoot your eye out.

They act like they're doing you a favor to serve you. Excuse me, but when I pay half a buck for a stamp I am doing you a favor the moment I buy that stamp, and deserve some actual customer service.

They don't know what customer service is because it is run by the government.