Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello everyone. With a foot of snow on the ground it's a great time to be on the fishing sites. Although I've been a fisherman for several years I've never been very good at it. I've decided to try to change that, and hope I don't wear out everyone's patience with too many questions.

This site was recommended to me by DarkSkies and I appreciate the opportunity to learn from everyone here.

I'm an old cop and a young grandfather, who has a little more time now that my kids are grown up. I spent most of my late 20's, 30's, and early 40's involved in sports and other activities. I wouldn't change a thing, but it's now time to get serious about fishing. I hope to get the chance to fish with some people on this site and learn a few things.

Tight Lines and Happy Holidays

Joe Daniels

Hi Dreaminofishin, Welcome to the site.

Hey Dreaninofishin glad to have you here. You will find the people here very helpful. Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to the site. Dark is a great guy, he'll help anyone with anything.

So you're an old cop. Reading that reminded me how Dark's mother and I were almost run off the road by some nut job today. He came whizzing by me on RT. 24 going up to RT. 78. He passed me on the shoulder of the left hand lane. There was a lot of traffic and no where to go. Happily there was an officer who saw the whole thing. He went out to chase him and behind me came 2 other police cars. The guy was going 85 to 90 miles an hour. Next thing we know there were 2 other police cars chasing him as well.

He must have been very, very bad to have 5 cars chasing him down 78.

Thank goodness I was paying attention and saw him coming up behind me. (There was no room for me to get over, too many cars). The guy missed hitting us by about 6 inches. God was watching over us otherwise we would have been in the hospital or 6 feet under this christmas.

So, what are some of the things bad guys have to do to have 5 police cars chase them?

Welcome,
    Dark's site is great, looking forward to your posts
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaminofishin View Post
    Hello everyone. With a foot of snow on the ground it's a great time to be on the fishing sites. Although I've been a fisherman for several years I've never been very good at it. I've decided to try to change that, and hope I don't wear out everyone's patience with too many questions.
    Hey Joe welcome aboard! There are no stupid questions here. The only mistake one could make with a question is not asking it. I learned a long time ago if someone has a question, usually there are others who had the same one, but feel too intimidated to ask.

I've learned a lot about fishin from some of the best. However I never want to be the expert on a subject. There's always more to learn IMO.

In my life, I've learned great lessons from people who I never expected could teach me anything. That in itself was a valuable learning experience.

Look forward to your posts, and fishin with ya in the Spring.

Hi Joe, welcome! I bet you would reather be fishing than shoveling!

Hi dreaminofishing, this is a great site and the guys will give you advice just ask. Welcome!

sup dreamin.

I spent most of my late 20's, 30's, and early 40's involved in sports and other activities. I wouldn't change a thing, but it's now time to get serious about fishing. I hope to get the chance to fish with some people on this site and learn a few things.

Tight Lines and Happy Holidays

Joe Daniels
    The time spent with family is never wasted. If it keeps us away from fishing, remember that fishing can always wait. Welcome aboard, Joe.

Welcome aboard Joe, Dark has a great group of fishermen here. Look forward to your posts.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I look forward to becoming a better fisherman from the experience I get here, and passing the information on others who want to learn.

Pebbles, I have spent my career in Chester County Pa, and we have a hard time getting five police cars together at once to do anything. Sometimes it's not just what you do, it's where you do it. Couldn't venture a guess at what might have happened that resulted in the chase that you witnessed. Sometimes things get a bit exciting and no one wants to miss out on the action.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I look forward to becoming a better fisherman from the experience I get here, and passing the information on others who want to learn.

Pebbles, I have spent my career in Chester County Pa, and we have a hard time getting five police cars together at once to do anything. Sometimes it's not just what you do, it's where you do it. Couldn't venture a guess at what might have happened that resulted in the chase that you witnessed. Sometimes things get a bit exciting and no one wants to miss out on the action.
    At least you're not out eating donuts!

At least you're not out eating donuts!

Had my share of those over the years.

welcome u will like it here bunch of nice people here u will fit right in