Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Long Branch...back in time

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Dark was not one of us at the pier Joe and I started the Long Branch fishing club.

On a sad note we lost Pauli Rubino a few weeks back
    Hey fin, sorry to here about Pauli.
    I wish I could remember who started the fishing club. Mark and Hans introduced me into the club. At that time it was the president(which cant remember his name either) just before Joe M. became president. I know there was Tony M., Stanley as some of founding members I believe, but I could be wrong. Anyway, haven't spoke with those guys in 20 years. A few years ago or so I stopped at Julians B/T at A. Highlands and found Dolly from the pier shop working there. Told me sad news that Hans was very sick and past away some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jsarosi View Post
    Hey fin, sorry to here about Pauli.
    I wish I could remember who started the fishing club. Mark and Hans introduced me into the club. At that time it was the president(which cant remember his name either) just before Joe M. became president. I know there was Tony M., Stanley as some of founding members I believe, but I could be wrong. Anyway, haven't spoke with those guys in 20 years. A few years ago or so I stopped at Julians B/T at A. Highlands and found Dolly from the pier shop working there. Told me sad news that Hans was very sick and past away some years ago.
    Dolly just passed away also

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Joe...thanks for sharing those memories....feel free to PM us at any time....for a cup of coffee...etc...
    Hint....Fin likes chocolate peanut butter cakes if you're coming down to see him....

RIP to Dolly.... My deepest condolences to her family and friends who remain on this Earth....

As for the other colorful characters that used to be part of the lifeblood of that pier....some are still with us....some not....
    But they live on..... every time we share a memory here....so folks... if you have any...please share....honor these characters...and the place they had in our NJ fishing history.....

Jsarosi

Stanley Gola died a few weeks ago also

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Joe...thanks for sharing those memories....feel free to PM us at any time....for a cup of coffee...etc...
    Hint....Fin likes chocolate peanut butter cakes if you're coming down to see him....

RIP to Dolly.... My deepest condolences to her family and friends who remain on this Earth....

As for the other colorful characters that used to be part of the lifeblood of that pier....some are still with us....some not....
    But they live on..... every time we share a memory here....so folks... if you have any...please share....honor these characters...and the place they had in our NJ fishing history.....
    Your welcome Darkskies....yeah would be great to have coffee and share more memories.

Jsarosi

Wow, may he rest in peace. I remember he loved fishing at Cottage Place back in the days.

Yes he did
    Stan and his son started S&S bucktails which are in most shops
    I see his son on a weekly basis

Joe, the next time you read this thread, send me a PM.(private message)
    Stock up on the tastykake peanut butter cakes and we'll take some time to go down and visit the OGB finchaser.......
    He's busy lately working post retirement and fishing and catching fish....so we might have to make an appointment....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Joe, the next time you read this thread, send me a PM.(private message)
    Stock up on the tastykake peanut butter cakes and we'll take some time to go down and visit the OGB finchaser.......
    He's busy lately working post retirement and fishing and catching fish....so we might have to make an appointment....
    Don't eat them anymore they changed the chocolate

Changed the chocolate? don't tell me it was like when coke changed their formula. Why don't these companies ask the consumer before they do this stuff? Putting less sugar in it now?

Bump for a good thread. The wife and I were down there this weekend and it is certainly changed. I would like to see some of the old-time stores reinvented and there again. I hope someday that can happen for nostalgia's sake.

Cool stuff. Saw a pic of this pier the other day but can't remember exactly where I saw it lol! Wish we could have a new pier. Thanks for sharing.

Found this pic. Courtesy of Eddy and Gloria Bruno. Great thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lbranch DSC342343.jpg  

Dolly just passed away also
    Jsarosi

Didn't know them, sorry for your loss.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456