Thread: MA gamefish bill up for committee

Hybrid View

Default MA gamefish bill up for committee

From the Stripercoastsurfcasters site:

They need help on this one guys. Even if you're not a resident, but live close to or fish in Mass, they could use some support. Thanks.

Default Stripersforever memo

IT IS NOW UP TO EACH ONE OF US!!!

The MA Game Fish Bill is up for a Committee hearing soon (probably mid Jan.). This is our chance to get in front of them and let them know how we feel. It also will be the same opportunity for commercial supporters to do the same. In order to plan our legislative strategy we need to know how many MA members of Stripers Forever will agree to any of the following (see below). If you can participate in any way - AND WE REALLY HOPE YOU WILL - please hit “reply” and send back this email with your answers to each question Y(yes) or N(no).

We need your help. This is for real. The pro commercial forces have lined up in strength to fight the Game Fish Bill. It is important that we plan realistically and present our case with strength of numbers and credible support. Thanks.

Will you:

1) come to the State House on the day of the hearing? We estimate the day would run from 10am to 2PM

2) Ask a friend or two to join you at the State House?

3) join in a rally at the State House?

4) call on your legislator that day in Boston?

5) attend the hearing?

6) would you consider testifying at the hearing?

7) offer written comments to the hearing Committee in support of the Bill?

8) Telephone or send an email to the members of the hearing Committee prior to/after the hearing? :

9) Other (please explain):

10) IMPORTANT: Your name and best contact information please. Thanks for helping.

NOTE: we anticipate serving a light lunch at the State House for those attending. Our staff will provide maps, instruction, and help to anyone who agrees to participate. We hope that you and some friends will be there. Thank you – Ted Purcell for Stripers Forever MA

STRIPED BASS HEARING ON JANUARY 14

The MA Striped Bass Conservation Bill hearing is set for Thursday, Jan 14th at 11 a.m. at the State House in Boston. Details and directions will follow in a separate e-mail.

Plan to arrive at the State House by 10:00 a.m. on the 14th for a pre-hearing briefing. The proceedings will probably last into the early afternoon.

All anglers who fish for striped bass in Massachusetts – whether they are residents of Massachusetts or not - are invited to attend and to be heard if they wish. The economic value of tourist fishing is an important part of this bill. So ask your fishing friends to join you. Remember there is great strength in numbers. This is YOUR CHANCE TO HELP US MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Thank you and look for a follow-up email in a few days with all the details.

The MA Legislative Coordinating Committee
    in Support of the Striped Bass Conservation Bill

When I get more details I will add.

Anyone that wants to attend and support this initiative is more than welcome.

I will be posting the names and contact info of committee members here and at Striper Coast. If you feel obliged write a letter or send an e-mail whatever works for you.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I will be at the State house along With SC1 Gunny and possibly another member or two will be joining us. If you have any interest what so ever in attending. Feel free to PM me.

This is huge if it passes. If MA Falls RI will be next.

Good luck guys, I hope the fishermen representation will be strong enough.

Mass is a long distance but I'll talk to the wife and see if I can come up. I always believe in supporting fishing causes no matter where you live. If I don't make it good luck!