Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
Sorry you feel that way,
And by the way fishing this year sucked compared to years past. It is on a decline from the mass destruction done by bunker snaggers and charter boats in Virginia and NC in the winter.
I did not mean for it to sound like I want the stocks depleted if it sounded that way (I want the opposite). I feel better fishing management is needed (recreational and commercial). As you state if I interpreted what you wrote correctly, people cause this problem.
I feel they cannot go against their nature and do the things required for stocks to recover without guidance (laws).

I also feel its hypocritical for me to be on the same side as the charter boats catching limits + of 20 pound and up bass.
That is just how I feel (now).
I know these people need to make a living, but I just do not like them killing so many fish.

I just read the article by Doug Olander "To Late to Stop the Train Wreck?". Its alarming the things mentioned in the article are happening to the recreational fishermen. Its almost unbelievable that people on certain positions are so out of touch with what is happening. Its even more troubling with so many branches in the government are so out of touch with whats happening in the USA. Views today by government officials are so skewed by $$ that its disgusting. Not sure what to do about it.

And I do realize that fishing (catching) is on the down side and share your view on where it could be headed. My reference to how many fish you caught this year was a mere reflection of your skills .

Is it us (surf fisherman, boat fisherman, charter boats, party boats and tackle manufacturers) against commercials? Trying to divide the fish quota?
Trying to set fair limits for all that will enable the respective fish stocks to recover?