Hey, Dreaminofishin, I wondered if ya know he lives in LI. About 140 miles from ya as the crow flies. A bit of a hike. If you're up to it no problem, but you might have some NJ water closer to ya first.

We in NJ get the fish first anyway. You'll start to read reports from Delaware shores, Poverty Beach, Slaughter Beach, the CM rip areas, Graveling Point, etc. Then the bass will gradually filter into the Delaware and NJ back bays first after some start spawning in the Chessy.

There will be another huge body (allegedly or hopefully ) that is drawn up into the Delaware bay, NY Bight, Hudson and some of the smaller freshwater rivers to spawn. They'll be busy doing that till somewhere near May.

The best time to start hitting LI is after the water here goes towards 60 and above. The bigger fish start moving N following the bunker and seeking cooler water. That's the time to follow them if ya wanna do the stripercoast thing.

Do a search on:
"striped bass migration (exact copy of what I typed to the left)

You'll find 3 threads here on that topic. It's an interesting read. It's a good way to keep from goin nuts too.

I almost convinced myself to hit a deep water spot I know of this weekend. It's really not worth the time, but just to get out there would be a welcome relief from the boredom.

Spring can't come soon enough.