Thread: Local NJ Small Business of the Month May 2008 -- American Pride Bait & Tackle

Default Local NJ Small Business of the Month May 2008 -- American Pride Bait & Tackle

The NJ spotlight for May will be on:

American Pride Bait & Tackle
    139 Madison Ave.
    Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
    (732) 293-1344

Background:
    Owned & operated by Eddie, a local guy, born and raised in Perth Amboy. He's been in business for 2 years at this location.

Business:
    He sells replacement rigs, rods, reels, some plugs and jigs, and has a great selection of fresh bait. He is very knowledgable regarding Perth Amboy. As a fisherman, he knows what works, and what doesn't. He tries his best to put his customers onto fish.

Business Edge: "The freshest bait"
    Eddie has several bait wholesalers he buys bait from, but is always searching for new suppliers "Just ok" is not good enough for this guy. Kinda reminds one of Juan Valdez, the Maxwell House Columbian coffee taster.

He wants his customers to have the best chance at hooking up with the freshest bait. He asks anyone who is able to get large quantities of bunker, clams, or killies to contact him. He never wants to be in the position of disappointing a customer.

Some pics of the shop. The next time you are in Perth Amboy and want really fresh bait, why not check his place out?

For any small businesses out there that want to be included in our "Small Business of the Month" promos, contact me for details -- bunkerjoe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apbtstorefrontafter.jpg   P 4-1-08 003.jpg  

touchupapbtbait-full 2.jpg   P 4-1-08 016.jpg  

MIKE-large.jpg  

Hey man its cool that you highlighted my buddy Eddie man.... He's a great guy... For some reason I can't get to the pics of his shop that you said you posted.... What do I have to do to see them?

Hey Amboyangler, pics are now up. I apologize, just ran out of steam last night before I finished.

hey buddy check your email when you get a chance