Thread: 3 pcs Swimmer

Default 3 pcs Swimmer

first try with 3 pcs Swimmer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3 pcs.jpg  

Very nice detail. How long does it take you to make one of those? Have you fished it yet?

nice work!

thank you, did not fish yet, took me 3 hours until dry

Brasilva, again Wow, Beautiful.

wow, that is some talent.

thanks again guys, means alot to me
    obrigado- thank you

Beautiful work! Question, how do you know how to deal with the metal lips when you are putting it on the plug? Do you put them in exactly the way they were when you bought them, or do you bend them up or down a bit. In other words, how do you get them to swim thy way you want to and do you have to swim test every plug to see if it's right? it seems like that would be one of the hardest things to me.

The lip you choose to use is generally used that way so yes they go in as bought some builders make their own so they can get a different action than a std. lip.Wood plugs have to be test swam because of the subtle differences in wood densities.Adjusting them is done by the line tie bending it up will cause it to dive more and vice versa if bent down you shouldn't mess with the lip if at all possible if it gets screwed up it will need to be replaced and re through wired.I'm not a builder but this is how I understand it to be I'm messing with some kits this winter and some repaints of my chewed up stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    The lip you choose to use is generally used that way so yes they go in as bought some builders make their own so they can get a different action than a std. lip.Wood plugs have to be test swam because of the subtle differences in wood densities.Adjusting them is done by the line tie bending it up will cause it to dive more and vice versa if bent down you shouldn't mess with the lip if at all possible if it gets screwed up it will need to be replaced and re through wired.I'm not a builder but this is how I understand it to be I'm messing with some kits this winter and some repaints of my chewed up stuff.
    that is all, nothing else to say, thank you