Thread: Garden State Outdoors Sportsmen's Show

Default Garden State Outdoors Sportsmen's Show plus others

The new year's first big four-day outdoors show starts Thursday to lead the season's array of outdoors indoors.

The 26th annual Garden State Outdoor Sportsmen's Show at Raritan Center in Edison is a big draw, includes the popular Deer Classic and opens a week before the Jan. 22-24 Fly Fishing Show at the Garden State Exhibit Center in Somerset and the RV and Camping Show at Raritan Center.

The Atlantic City Boat Show opens Feb. 4, and the Harrisburg Show starts Feb. 6; the Suffern Show opens March 4; and the Saltwater Expo in Somerset checks in on March 19.

Garden State seminars include John Punola with this year's shad fishing tips and outlook, Anthony Guerrera covers Round Valley trout fishing, Don Babcock on bear hunting, Len Cardinale on bowhunting techniques, Al Ristori, saltwater fishing, Joe Kasper on Delaware River fishing, and many others. See www.gsoss.com for show details.

Shadman Punola's new digital production will be Friday at 4 p.m. and Saturday at 10 a.m.; Guerrera on Round Valley will be featured at 2 p.m. next Sunday, biologist Chris Smith will cover state bass fishing at 3 p.m. and Wildlife Bureau Chief Jim Sciascia will give an overview on deer at 10:30 a.m. Sunday.

Awards be given at 2:30 p.m. next Sunday for category winners from the 2008 and last winter's 2009 hunting. Visitors will be able to see dozens of outstanding deer entries, some of the state's biggest and best. Fish and Wildlife will have a free archery range at the show where you can try a crossbow.

Clubs and other conservation organizations will have displays, guides and outfitters will tell what they offer. There will be boats, recreational vehicles, tackle and hunting supplies, flycasting and dog training demonstrations, shows at the "Bass Tub," and Cold River Mining, a working sluice to pan for minerals

well i am glad i did not go and wast my money not that much in the line of fishing stuff but i guess it makes some happy