Thread: Airlines and checked luggage

Default Airlines and checked luggage

According to this article Delta and Continential has raised the prices for checked luggage.

They are nick-picking us to death. First they want you carry your luggagge on board. If you have traveled lately you might have come to the same conclusion that I have there is not enough space on the aircraft to handle all the carryon's.

Now they don't want you to touch your carryon one hour before you land. Yet they still force you to carryon your baggage on by charging you high prices to send the luggage under the plane.

All the baggage is going to the same place. The plane still weighs the same amount.

If they want to charge for the luggage why don't they just increase the fair. They do that anyhow!

What are we getting for our money? Nothing but headachs, and more fee's. Just needed to Rant.

Delta, Continental raise checked-on baggage fees

MARKETWATCH.COM

Last Updated: 2:07 PM, January 12, 2010
    Posted: 1:17 PM, January 12, 2010

Delta Air Lines and Continental Airlines customers are facing higher luggage fees starting this week for travel within the U.S., U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada, and Puerto Rico.

The carriers recently raised their luggage fees to $25 and $35 for the first and second checked bag, with a small discount available for those who check their luggage online rather than at the airport.
    The new rules apply for regular Delta customers with tickets purchased on or after Jan. 5 for flights beginning Tuesday.

Continental's rules apply for tickets purchased on or after Jan. 9 for travel beginning Saturday.

Excluded are frequent flier and active U.S. military members. No one from the airlines was immediately available to comment.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz0cQa7F6Ay

Just raise the price of the tickets. I agree with you.
    Flights have limited blankets, (some none).
    Its rediculas.
    And the size of the bathrooms are way to small.
    Some larger people I would think cannot use them.
    And we live in a civalized society??
    I think not.
    Airline managent :
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I just did the round trip to california.it cost $120 round trip for the luggage, 2 pieces. What got me pissed is that I watched them unload in jersey. And every 3rd piece was dropped to the ground a good 3 feet. No respect for peoples belongings. Unreal how easy it would be to take a little care in handling, they were throwing 40 and 50 pound bags. Pissed me off big time. So how am I to feel about such disrespectful American people? I would like to go into their homes and rip it apart and trash it and get paid for doing it. Makes me sick, pay $120 smackers to have my valuable property and possibly gifts purchased for kids abused and possibly broken. *** is wrong with these people???
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)