22. Arthur C, rec fisherman, Cape Cod

"I am 75 years old. I have been fishing since I was 12, for a total of 63 years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP6643.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	9329
I am here not merely to support the bill, but to voice my concerns about both sides of the issue. I would like to make the following points:

1. If striped bass numbers go down again like they were in the 1980's, they will have a very difficult period of recovery. This could economically impact tourism as fishermen will not travel here to fish.
2. I do support a slot limit as I feel it would keep bigger fish in the gene pool.
3. I want my grandchildren to be able to continue to catch bass, and am here also as a voice for their future.
4. The current law as it is written is faulty. I am catching too many big fish in the estuaries. Even though I am a catch and release fisherman, I think we should limit our take of big fish. "

As they were leaving the meeting Arthur proposed to his fiance Rosalie M. This was the highlight of the day.

After a year-long whirlwind courtship, she gladly accepted. This must have been a relief for Arthur. What if she had said no?

I was so impressed I left the room with Arthur and Rosalie, and took some pictures outside the Assembly.

Name:	IMGP6646.jpg 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	9330

Name:	IMGP6649.JPG 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	9331

Name:	IMGP6651.JPG 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	9332

Name:	IMGP6653.jpg 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	9333

Arthur is one of the most avid fly fishermen on the Cape. He holds a PHD from Cornell, and has caught striped bass from St John's River in NB Canada to the St John's River in Jacksonville, Fla. His major base for fishing has been Cape Cod. He is strictly a catch and release fisherman and crafts all of the flies he uses.

It was my pleasure to meet Arthur and his fiance Rosalie. I wish them much happiness and health in their years together!