Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
Look at the old-timers....

If you're ever lucky enough to fish with the OGB Finchaser, you will see he imparts different action to his retrieves.....
these things are important enough that sometimes he will outfish others on the beach by more than a 2:1 margin....

Some other old-timers that will crush all competition, because of their attention to detail are guys like the Old Farts Fishing Club, Bucktail Willie, and dozens of guys their age who don't have an internet presence, facebook page, etc...they just go out and get it done, time after time..
Should you run into someone like this one day, and he's bailing fish after fish....pay attention...ya just might pick up some tips....
I was on the beach the other day and there was this one old timer that was catching blues at a rate way higher than the rest. It seemed like every few casts he was hooked up. I paid attention like you said and saw that he was getting out farther than the rest of us. He was also tritching his metal while the rest of us were going for a steady retrieve. I was always told to reel fast for the blues. This time that didn't work. Crazy stuff these blues were hard to catch! Glad that I managed to get 3 of them but it was tough.