Thread: Boga Grips

Default Boga Grips

I need to get myself one before the spring season opens up. What would you recommend?

i only use a grip for the toothy critters

i have the boga grip with the 30 pound scale. i'm actually scared of the smaller fish the are still full of energy while i'm unhooking them. I got hooked twice in the hand with swimmers. I use the boga when i see the risk are too great. it also aids in quick release.

I have the 30# boga as well, a great investment to control angry bluefish. And like vpass said, great for quick release when there is a blitz around (not that there were too many of those last year)

A good point brought out here is to be careful when bringing in a green bluefish. They are still full of fight. When you are plugging, the trebles can turn the situation bad rather quickly. A few head shakes and you are in the hospital getting the embedded hooks out.Make sure you have them securely gripped by the boga before you go to remove the hook.

I have a boga which is heavy. I prefer the Lippa4life which weighs 4 ounces and is always on my belt. i have 3 of them and never fish with out one. Bass pro shop has them on sale for $59.00
    http://www.basspro.com/Rising-Lippa4...93450/-1340160

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Finchaser how well do those lippa4life hold up?
    Enjoy the Journey

had my first one for 5 years no problem

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Lippa4life review -
    "GREAT catch and release tool! This allows you to "land" a fish, without ever touching it. It has a set gap on the jaws so you don't damage the fish. I've used the Lippa on just about every fish you can think of. If you use it on Pike, make sure that you clamp the top jaw, not the bottom. "

Thanks for the tip finchaser, 59.88 isn't a bad deal considering they held up for you for 5 years. I think basspro has a lifetime warranty on most of their stuff, thanks.