Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Legends of the Salt... Saltwater Hall of Fame thread

Default Re: Legends of the Salt... Saltwater Hall of Fame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Marylee View Post
    Russ Wilson is my Dad. It is so nice to see that people still remember him after all these years. Thank you for the "nomination" and the kind words and memories. Fishing was his love. I remember him taking me to school and there was a live well in the back of his VW minivan to keep his bait fresh, just in case those stripers were running.
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Your father was a great man and a friend, he is truly missed
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Marylee, hello. Glad you enjoyed the posts.

It was a pleasure to do the research on your Dad. It was inspired by talks with Finchaser, and some other folks here. I couldn't have done it without the stories they told me.

I truly regret that I didn't meet your Dad while he was alive, as he sounded like such a character.

I am happy to have been some small part of the memories. Feel free to contact me at any time if you have any other questions. Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Yep we had to learn by trial and error we couldn't Goggle how to tie a knot ,how to cast, how to fish and there were no books written by self proclaimed so called pro's, guess thats why we still can catch a fish with out snag and drop or blitz's. We learned the hard way and after 50 years most of us are still learning.
    Thank you all for keeping his memory alive and doing what he loved... I miss my father every day and it is so nice to know that other do also. he loved and lived for fishing, after my Mom and his kids and grand kids. i remember growing up, he made his own weights, lures, flies and even his own rods...we all had our own tackle and when we were old enough our own row boat to fish on the Shark River...mostly though, we caught his bait, seining the Shark River for spearing or killies so he had live bait to fish with. The headstone is etched with a picture of him in his 18ft aluminum row boat fishing. He didn't limit himself to the river in that boat he went out the inlet to the ocean, never missing an opportunity to fish where they were running.

This is awesome thanks for sharing that. What a piece of history. You are truly lucky to have had a father like that and thank you for those great memories.

Default Re: Legends of the Salt... Saltwater Hall of Fame thread

My Dad was truly a unique individual with quite a way to turn a phrase...and he loved to fish! Thank you for the kind words. He inspired quite a few young people in life time, some of whom I am still in contact with today. One young man said to me...an hours worth of yard work for a life time if fishing knowledge and tackle! Nothing could have made me prouder of the Father I loved as much as a daughter could!

This is a rare find a man who would be so generous. The yard work is nothing compared to the knowledge. Beautiful.

One more time for Russ Wilson. Every tiime I use the word dillydock I owe the man some credit. RIP Russ.

Good read. Miss some of these guys. Thanks for bringing to the top.

Very informative and entertaining. Thanks for posting about these guys.

A heads up that Jack Yee has passed July 13. RIP Jack.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123