I want this thread to be something people might get enjoyment from for years to come. The focus of this thread will be the Saltwater Surfcasters who are still with us.

Even though just posting the guys' name would be fine, I would like this thread to be something more than that. I would like it to be a legacy tribute to some of the most notable surfcasters out there.

Some ways you might do that:

1. Post up an article that was written about them, with appropriate references.

2. Post up a paragraph or 2 or what you feel they brought to the surf fishing world, their technique, method, personality, record catches, or anything else you think might inspire future anglers to follow in their footsteps.

3. Post up a few words how you feel their achievements or efforts at conservation have set the bar for others to follow.

4. Don't limit yourself to my suggestions. Think outside the box. Be creative, but respectful.

5. Don't limit yourself to just one post. Post a series of posts if the info you're bringing to the screen is lengthy. Try to break up articles with one/ post so people are more inclined to read them.

6. Of course, if ya just wanna post up and say "I nominate Mr XYX because he did a, b, and c....
feel free.

Let's hear what you guys and girls think.