Thread: Legends of the Salt... Living Legends thread

Hybrid View

Crazy Alberto is the man! And you're spot on about how nice he is, no attitude just a great surfcaster and person.

Quote Originally Posted by plugaholic View Post
    Crazy Alberto is the man! And you're spot on about how nice he is, no attitude just a great surfcaster and person.
    I met him at a seminar. Definitely one of the nicest guys out there, never to busy to explain something.

Default Willy Young

I nominate Willy Young. He has supposably done a lot for LI surf access. People say he has fought at more meetings for this than almost any other surf fisherman. He is also on the boards of a lot of fishing groups -

Board Member

Montauk Surfcasters AssociationBoard Member

Long Island Beach Buggy ***'n IncBoard Member

KFA-NYMember (past)

High Hill Striper Club Inc

And is the president of the NYCRF. I met him once at one of the seminars.

Willy Young the fishing legend.

He has some great catches at Montauk.

Here is one where he got a 52lb bass, a true cow from the surf.

wtg Willy, and hope you get a few more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	willy51008.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	11549

Good choice there strikezone. Here's a video I found where they interview him after he brought the fish in to be weighed.

Willie is a helluva guy and has done a lot for the surfcasters. He might be a little rough around the edges. I enjoy when he lashes out at people. 9 times out of 10 they are looking to bait him and deserve the response they get. He doesn't take crap from anyone, and man can he catch! Beautiful fish, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by nitestrikes View Post
    Willie is a helluva guy and has done a lot for the surfcasters. He might be a little rough around the edges. I enjoy when he lashes out at people. 9 times out of 10 they are looking to bait him and deserve the response they get. He doesn't take crap from anyone, and man can he catch! Beautiful fish, thanks for sharing.

I know what you're talking about. You can almost tell when a fight is going to happen, the trolls will start baiting him. It would be better if he ignored those idiots. Willy is a great guy, leave him alone. Willy for President!