Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see some SURF fishing pics!!

Default From Father to Son

Old school favorite songs:

Default 11-29-09

Amber & Krystal with their day's catch!

Nice pics keep em coming, so I have something to look forward to when I get out of the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I took pics of pics from photos in an album I have the only problems were the damn camera date is wrong tried to crop the date out of the ones I could.The other problem was finding the right spot I kept getting a glare from the lighting.When I got the best shot I adjusted the pic as well as I could w/ the cameras software.Those are the best pics I like it when people catch and they have smiles on their faces.Some are older and didn,t want to tear them so I didn't use my scanner.
    I think you did a decent job with the glare. You can only see it on a few. That's one of the things that kept me putting off doing this. I had it in my head that I needed to scan them. I've taken pics of 35mm prints. The best luck I had was when the camera was angled askew to the pic. If you see a glare spot developing, change the camera angle a bit. Otherwise, great job!

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Hey DS looks like your buddy George has got some patience.

When I first started taking George and his little cousin fishing, they were only 7. Back then I would hook the fish and let them reel them in. They would get bored quickly. A few hours of fishing with them ended up with them playing in the mud while I hooked the fish for them. They would take the bluefish, dig holes in the sand for them, fill with water, and say the bluefish were "in the hospital". I guess they didn't notice too much that the bluefish we bought home never got "better".

So it's been a transition for them. I got them into bait fishing, they did ok. Last year was the first time I got George to throw plugs. I took him out surfcasting a few times after that, and have tried to giive him an understanding of fishing, conservation, the kind of water that is good for fishing, and all the little baitfish you want to look for.

He is developing patience, which is great because he never was very patient to begin with. (He kinda reminds me of when I was little.)

On one of our trips in the spring, he was observant enough to notice a worm hatch in the water. Pretty cool.

I'm real proud of him, and hope we can get him some nice fish for 2010 as he learns how to throw different plugs.

Where in the world do you find a wife who will agree to honeymoon at Montauk?

^^She's definitely a keeper, Surfstix. Hope Pebbles and I get a chance to meet her someday.

I don't know how kids could look any happier, great shots. Thanks for sharing.

Not the greatest picture. Taken with my cell phone by GunnySniper. It was just before sunrise after spending all night on a large rock. My 1st ever big fatty. 39" and chunky. Between the 2 of us we caught 15 fish that night. All successfully released

This is Gunny about an hour later from the same rock

And this was the sunrise from that day

A couple of my buddies with some nice fish. The dates are wrong...my camera has a mind of it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublerunner View Post
    Not the greatest picture. Taken with my cell phone by GunnySniper. It was just before sunrise after spending all night on a large rock. My 1st ever big fatty. 39" and chunky. Between the 2 of us we caught 15 fish that night. All successfully released

This is Gunny about an hour later from the same rock

And this was the sunrise from that day

Not everyone has been lucky enough to fish with Gunny, Doublerunner. Nice fish. Looks like you guys had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Actually I believe she suggested it and I wasn't going to say no.We usually go back for a week in Oct.-Nov. for some diamond jigging(squidding)on the Lazy Bones (nice family orientated boat) not this year though.

^^She's definitely a keeper, Surfstix. Hope Pebbles and I get a chance to meet her someday.
    Yes she is a keeper one of the most unselfish and giving people I have ever met.
    W/O a doubt we need to get together. We are looking forward to meeting Pebbles and yourself.

I don't know how kids could look any happier, great shots. Thanks for sharing.
    Yeah the good ole days my daughter is 18 and my son is now 13.Time flies.

Not everyone has been lucky enough to fish with Gunny, Doublerunner. Nice fish. Looks like you guys had a blast.
    True to that. Gunny is the best. Funny part is we had a slow spell of a couple hours and then I hooked into one and turn to Gunny and he's sleeping on a rock. To be honest I have done the same thing. On some of those all nighters it's amazing how comfy a rock can be

You lucky dog!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surfs up.gif 
Views:	64 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	12976

Default me, mrs cardoc, and rip in these pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0056.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	12985Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0127.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	12984Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1191.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	12983Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1195.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	12982
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

Cardoc, you are out so far in the bottom left pic you look like you were swimming. Were you skishing or digging for clams?

Only picture from a night of several fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pigbass2.jpg  
    God is Great, Beer is Good, People are crazy.

Nice bass yer wifey got there cardoc.

She looks like a natural. Stripercoast, that one's not too shabby either, nice hefty fish.

I swear Cardoc was born in a swimming pool. . I always get nervous when he does that. I always keep an eye on him when we fish because he is always so far into the water.

Nice fish all Sometimes ya need to take a walk to get to a drop off but if the fish are in close you guys are not catching he's scaring them could be a good tactic for him.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

I always shoot one rod out far and one in close. I am not into walking that far out into the water becasuse I have a fear of falling into a hole a dying. Especially at night or when I am alone. Safety first.

here are two bass from the hook at nite fishin with ds

Nice fish Yellow plugs at night still work I see.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast