Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets see some SURF fishing pics!!

Hybrid View

Some more pics piling up....
    Night surf bluefish....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-4-14 night blues RB.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	18526

Member striperbites got this mid-May...probably 25+lb class.....as a testament to how bad fishing was, he was out fishing almost every night, and didn't get another bass till almost 3 weeks later.....Still a very nice fish caught from the surf at night, on artificials......

The bluefish he got, was during an end of day blitz when big blues came in crashing on bunker. Pics courtesy of striperbites.

Name:	Mid may 23 lbs  cropped IMG954580.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	18527

Name:	gator beach bluefish 6-3 cropped.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	18528

Name:	IMGP5506.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	18533

Name:	IMGP5507.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	18534

Some fish I've been getting at night....mostly blues to 7#,,,and one bass.
    The bass hooked in the back wasn't an accident....I also got a bluefish in the back like that....they were feeding on small bait....it seemed they kept missing it as the strikes were more reactionary than aggressive...

Most of my rear hooks have been changed to singles for ease of release and minimal injury.....
    Unfortunately that one bluefish hit so awkwardly he got stuck in the eye....I took some time to get that hook out, so hopefully he wasnt blinded.

Name:	IMGP5556.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	18529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP5555.jpg 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	18530

Name:	IMGP5568.jpg 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	18531

Name:	IMGP5570.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	18532

Some more night tides pics.....

This is a friend from Delaware......fishes every chance he gets, when he's not working....All pics courtesy of him....
    His new addiction is bunker heads...before that it was live eels at night...as he travels the Coast to put himself where the biggest bass are feeding at night......
    Note the size of the hooks he is using......

Attachment 18661Attachment 18662

Attachment 18663

He sent me some pics of bass he was catching Cape May area...in June....
    long after everyone else had given up catching larger bass down there.
    ...he was getting bass to 30#...at night,,,,by fishing up to 8 hours at a time...

(and if he was lucky was only catching one of these nice fish, per trip) all on the night tides......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails June 2014 CM 27 lbs cropped.jpg   IMG_5786.jpg  

June 2014 CM 30 lbs cropped.jpg  

Another good night for a NJ friend fishing the night tides.....
    He hunts big fish exclusively....he was very disappointed this year because he spent countless hours early season looking for bigger fish.....many 8 hour nights out there with nothing....We've had many conversations how the fish are not available in numbers like they used to be for us.....

He did have some good nights.
    Most of his fish were caught within a 30 night period from May-June....
    And every one of them had to do with large bunker schools passing through....
    The latest of his big fish......mid-June.....he had a 1 1/2 hour window to catch these fish....after that the activity was completely dead...
    He got 3 large fish to 35# in that short window.

Attachment 18673

I got there a little late for the party....and as a result got nothing.
    All fish caught on bunker heads....he released the 2 largest, and kept this one, about 30#.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP5607 cropped.jpg  

That bass is a slob. Nice catch.

Report from Team TCB from last Thu night...

1. Just to be clear, they have been out almost every night since the season opened...fishing hard for bass...so far up to Fri night,, their biggest bass so far was in the mid teens...lots of work for the fish they caught....)

2.The bass follow certain patterns every year....if you pay attention to these patterns sometimes you can strategize where they might sit for a while...and be available to guys fishing for them from land.....

3. Based on these patterns....I was pushing Team TCB to fish a certain area....they didn't want to go there as they were having some luck in another area....

4. I kept pushing and pushing them...telling them their time window was limited...as I know of a few spots where the fish consistently stage every year.....

They called me Thur night....hooting and shouting...sending me the pics you see posted here....

The nicest thing about that.....my one friend had his 16 year old son fishing with him......
    And every single one of these guys got multiple nice fish....on bunker heads...including his son....
    I don't have any kids...and grew up in a dysfunctional family....so it's a great joy to me to help Dads and their kids find fish.......

Congrats to Team TCB for an outstanding night of fishing....and finding some of the biggest fish from land so far...

I'm proud of you guys....all of ya's......including that stinky basstid Mikey BonZ....

All pics and report courtesy of Team TCB....
    **We delayed posting these...to allow them to fish that bite in peace.....until it was done....
    (something some of the other young guns on Facebook might want to consider.....)

[Their Report.....
    Team TCB all over fish to 31 pounds late night bite. Incredible large body of bass in Raritan Bay. Electric Fresh Bunker works every time]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4-23-15 TCB1.jpg   4-23-15 TCB2.jpg  

4-23-15 TCB3.jpg   4-23-15 TCB4.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123