Thread: New NJ state record sea bass

Default New NJ state record sea bass

This knucklehead is a brute. Nice catch and congrats. Found the pic online. Weighed in at the reel seat.

"The string of new state and world record fish landed in the northeast in 2015 just keeps getting longer, and the most recent catch to make news is the massive 9-pound black sea bass that was landed by angler Steve Singler on Saturday, December 12.

Steve made his way to New Jersey from his hometown of Philadelphia, PA to fish aboard the VOYAGER sailing out of Point Pleasant, NJ for their Jumbo Sea Bass & Porgy trip.

The massive knucklehead taped out at an impressive 27 inches in length, sported a chunky 18.75-inch girth and was weighed on the certified scale at the Reel Seat in Breille.

Once certified this fish will eclipse the existing state record of 8 pounds, 4.5 ounces which was landed in 2010 by Andrew Meredino while fishing off Cape May."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NJrecordseabass.jpg  

knuckle-HEEEEAD! That thing's a giant, congrats.

We weighed it in.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Good work Steve and Reel Seat for weighing it. Nice fish. Did you see it when it came in finchaser? 27 inches is bigger than most stripers people have been getting lately.

No I didn't I was out fishing . I do their rod repairs so I'm in and out allot

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again