Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJ EEZ fishing, Enforcement of the regulations

Its poaching.

For those who fish new jersey is EEZ bass fishing as rampant as it is in long island?

yep some of the head boats were out as far as 5-6 miles yesterday oh yeah that's right they were looking for blues how stupid of me to think other wise

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

So a guy on another forum brags about how since he could not find fish on the surf him and his buddys went JUST 5 miles out and loaded the boat with a 4 man limit plus bonus tags!!! Yeah man the bite was hot and they did it in only 45 minutes! Another forum member points out to him with a link- that they are only allowed to catch fish up to 3 miles out, after that they are in federal waters and have to abide by federal law. The guy replies.."Oopps oh well it is what it is"

Rob,

That report was a spoof.

He didn't catch any fish in the EEZ.

Like finchaser said plenty of guys are doing it. They are not talking about it on the internet though. Kind of like the guy who tells you all the time how many chicks he is banging, he probably is paying for it. Its the silent ones who are getting the action.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    . Its the silent ones who are getting the action.

This guy isnt so silent. He bragged that he did it and defended it.
    Can you target striped bass in federal waters? I thought that you could not?

The post:
    11-2 mi
    "Started out heading South and had few if any marks.....Did a 180 and finally found the fish 5-6 miles off of Belmar in Federal waters. Lots of big blues and the bass were mixed in. Biggest was 40" today...................Yes they were all released! "

Then he posted again defending it? ***?

"Oh and just for the record. I was one of about 30 boats at the spot. 10 of which were the Jamaica, Dauntless, **** Robin, Skylarker, and more. I suppose we should all be fined and jailed? I suppose the party boats were releasing their bass at the waterline right? This site has become a drag. (pun intended....as in its slipping!) I truly enjoy fighting big Stripers and then reviving them boat side and have them shake their big tails and pull out of my hands. And as far as bluefish.....We keep a few each spring for shark bait and release the rest. Believe me or don't. I don't care either way. "

Thats just arrogant like has been said if you are doing it why brag about it. what a d-bag!

I agree, don't understand the mentality of someone who would boast about breaking the law.

I think there is some confusion here...

Rob was posting about a spoof report that a guy posted spoofing on the report seamonkey quoted.

Johnbarbosa I was not confused. I took that post directly from the ****barn. Don't know if I can say that here but you get the drift. The guy posted on Nov 2 and saw no reason for it being illegal. Guys went on to talk about it and say as long as you are targeting bluefish (wink wink) that is legal. I think that attitude sucks so I posted about it. He said the big jamaica was doing it too. He posted his bass pics also.

I was wondering if anyone here knows if it is legal to do that, to target bass in the eez? I thought it was illegal. Some people are above the law I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    Johnbarbosa I was not confused. I took that post directly from the ****barn. Don't know if I can say that here but you get the drift. The guy posted on Nov 2 and saw no reason for it being illegal. Guys went on to talk about it and say as long as you are targeting bluefish (wink wink) that is legal. I think that attitude sucks so I posted about it. He said the big jamaica was doing it too. He posted his bass pics also.

I was wondering if anyone here knows if it is legal to do that, to target bass in the eez? I thought it was illegal. Some people are above the law I guess.
    The post Rob was referring to was a spoof report posted on SOL poking fun at the bass barn thread.

JB I believe Robs post was referring to a thread 10/29.
    this happened 11/2 - 4 days later. The post is still up on the barn you can check it if you want,

I think your timeline is off here and these are 2 different cases.
    So - is it ok to target these bass in the eez that's what I still want to know?
    How many of you guys would do it?

Okay I'm confused now to be honest...LOL

I assumed Robs post was for the SOL spoof on the thread you mentioned as it was posted shortly after that.

I don't want to read any more ******** than I have to. There's 125 useless page report of last weeks weather conditions and skunk or the fish are all in LI reports...

I know it's illegal but I think they should change the laws to allow C&R fishing.

So many are dishonest about it. I say the Coast Guard or F&G should hire some new deputies. When you get out there and find the ones past the eez with bass, have the deputy go over to the other boat. Count the illegal bass and p-iss on all the bass. Then they have to pay 50 fine on each after picking up the p-issed on bass. Bet the problem would be solved in a week.

Haha dude you are sick!
    Maybe it would work who knows.

What is the deal with this eez fishing in NJ. now they are advertizing it? is that even legal. I think it sucks!!!!!!!!!

AHOY **** Robin Faithful! - Turkey day weekend recap
    Bassing remains GOOD....a new body of SHORTS has entered the scene and last weeks mini Nor'Easter has shaken the bait over the 3 mile line, so we are playing catch and release at the moment.

We believe the bait will make up and head inshore as the water clears and we will be back to KEEPING very shortly.

Despicable how can they get away with that?

It happens a lot more than you think. The renegade charter got busted doing it in 2011. They said it was the first and only time they did it. Yep, right, and the easter bunny also comes every easter

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Despicable how can they get away with that?
    Dunno as far as I know you cannot target retain or catch stripers in the EEZ. If you are bluefishing and there is incidental catch thats ok. You have to release immediately. Don't know how a party boat as well known as the **** robin could mention they are targeting striped bass. Even c&r is prohibited. Maybe they interpret the law differently

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast