Thread: Raritan Bay Anglers Club

Hybrid View

Chumbucket was there with ArnieP. 2 good guys, they have the same table every year, right near the front. Stop down and see them next year. They sell used tackle and some other stuff. There were none of chumbucket's custom plug creations for me to take pics of, but the guy is legendary.

He's a wizard with an airbrush, and a good fisherman. Nice meeting you guys again.

This pic shows him with Doug "Dr Lures & Supplies" who was at the table next to him.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RBAC 1-31 (10).jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	4572

Doug "Dr Lures & Supplies"

Man, this guy knows his fishing, and his hot rods, and muskies. If you wanna get an education about any of the above, or just have some laughs BSin, stop by his table when you see him at one of the shows. He's got thousands of stories, ya can't get bored listening to em.

Name:	RBAC 1-31 (11).jpg 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	4573

He sells these HD big bass spinnerbaits for $5, can't beat the price. I've been lookin for some spinners that would hold up to brutal saltwater beatings from bigger fish. I got some musky spinners a while back to use for stripers, but they ain't that sturdy. These look like they fit the bill, can't wait to throw one in the surf or rips.

Name:	RBAC 1-31 (12).jpg 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	4574

more tables, 90 in all

Name:	RBAC 1-31 (13).jpg 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	4575

Name:	RBAC 1-31 (14).jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	4576

heres the spinner I got from Doug.
    Mick, this and one plug from Ace baits was the only thing I bought all day. I'm amazed I could hold out walking past all that stuff.

1 Giant Spinner 10"!

Name:	RBAC 1-31 (18).jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	4577

RBAC guys at the door - great group of guys.

Name:	RBAC 1-31 (15).jpg 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	4578

People, I never went to this flea market before, and was impressed. There were tons of bargains, lots of used reels in good shape.

Also met a cool guy name the Rod Doctor at one of the tables. He doesn't do custom rods anymore, but sells verything else. He'll be at all the shows and flea markets in the tri state area, give his table a look when you run into him.

On the way out, the last person I ran into was the Dad of one of my fishin idols. Ain't gonna embarass the guy too much, but the Dad and his son could probably outfish any club combined, they have tons of knowledge, are great people to talk to, funny as hell, and generous about sharing what they know and helping others. Cool meeting ya, "Mr R".

It was a great ending to that leg of the trip.

G - man, I woulda drove ya, they had some great deals there, one guy had about 200 used reels. pm me for the next local show, You buy the coffee, you got a seat.

DS those are some great stories and pics. I missed the shows this weekend. I'm having family over for the Superbowl, needed to do some cooking. Thanks for posting, makes me feel like I was there.

Road trip coming up! Dark, I'll ask you to hold my allowance for the day. the old impulse control regulator is on the blink again!