Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch and release thread

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

3 bass this AM to 33" all on lead head and chartreuse shaker tail my friend had 2 to 34" all action was from 5:30 to 7 am

This morning 5:30 to 7:30 released 2 bass 26" and 31" inches both caught on a jig head and Rip Tide 5" chartreuse tail

Played the same stage of tide tonight as this morning 5:30 to 7:30 and released 19 bass to 27" all on 1 ounce jig head and 6" chartreuse silk shaker tail. Fish shut off as soon as it was totally dark.

Fished the same place this AM adjusted a little for tide 6 to 8 AM released 11 bass to 24" all on jig head and a new tail by AAT that I am testing which worked well but are on the fragile side IMO. On a sad note fish are getting thinner by the tide due to less bait day after day.

Fished for a few hours this evening.

South wind is really blowing making it hard to fish out front.

I managed one bass around 27" on a DSM minnow and my brother got a smaller bass on one of my teasers along with a hickory.

Didnt like that moon last night either vpass. We need some cloud cover or rain. Managed 2 bass to 12#, bucktails. In the back. Still swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Well i couldnt find them last night the blow out water and bright moon probably didn't help. Got one short. I did hear of very good mid day action on friday to the north.
    That only thing that seems to counteract that moon is when there is a good wind giving the water a little chop.There must have been a good bite fri because I got some good numbers thur night. 23 fish to 28" on ava and redgill. Most were around 23-23". Some were fat but some were skinny like finchaser said. Isn't that strange how one moment it will be skinny schoolies and the next it will be fat footballs. Strange fall so far. Still, happy to get some fish. finchaser I agree most of my fish thu came between 5"30-9pm. slo pick after that.

Fished last night and only one fish go figure

New here but recognize screen names from a few sites..Seems things have been picking up this week..Attachment 17639Attachment 17640Attachment 17641Got out last night w/my bud Dave from 730-130am...Decent night for us.. between the 2 of us we managed 11 bass,2 weakies and a hickory..I landed 5 bass and the 2 weakies..1 of which was a nice 19in fish the other was a spike about 14in...All shorts on the bass the biggest went about 25in..They hit the usuals Visions,SP,needlefish and teasers..Bite was steady from 8-10pm then it slowed but ALOT of short hits..Thats when i told my bud there was weakies around and sure enuff next few casts i land a weakie..Moon was covered most of the night but popped out around 12am..Nice night out with some fish to make it better! Pics of the 2 better sized bass and the weakie!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02511.jpg   DSC02513.jpg  

DSC02515.jpg  

Wednesday night found a few better sized fish landed 7 biggest 2 went 33in and 36.5in...Big one hit a SP in the wash and the other a Yozuri Mag DarterAttachment 17642Attachment 17643
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02501.jpg   DSC02504.jpg  

I know they don't count but been doing the boat thing and catching bass to 25# and blues to 22# all released. The big school that was off Seabright pulled out yesterday most went through the mudhole and a scattered bunch we followed down the beach. Some of the faster head boats and charter boats are fishing off Jones beach on another larger school of mostly slammers and bass have to see which way they go.

Thanx Darkskies!! Glad to be here! As for the ball busting,Its all good i can take some good ball busting anyday!! Im an easy going guy so no worries..But i can dish it out pretty good my self jsut a FYI ...As for your last post..Im with ya the #s of bass are definitly down and somethings gotta give>>>Dont no about anyone else here but im a big C(catch)P(photo)R(reaalese)guy...Ill take one just keeper size fish a year the rest swim away safely!

Ill be out tonight looking to feed some hungry fish and take there pics

Nice going guys! Capt Al Ristori got a 50 pound bass and released it! I think it was on Sunday here is his report:

The big body of striped bass was 35 miles east of Sandy Hook yesterday, but some may have moved into local waters today. I fished with Pete Connell of Avon on his Pursuit from Belmar as we wrestled with huge bluefish up to 20 pounds, and I was surprised by a striper that hit a Run-Off 5.5-ounce Hammer Jig and bottomed out my 50-pound scale before being released. Connell kept a 33-inch striper that was full of sand eels.

They came with the front this AM 6 to 8 AM released 27 bass to 28" all on jig head and salt and pepper riptide fish were clean with sea lice. will try same tide this afternoon. My counter part had 21 a little west of me.

Awesome report finchaser you are on a roll!
    Congrats on the releases as well.

Took the day off to fish. Got into some nice teen bass and blues in NoMoco this morning on rubber and bucktails. All released. Went back tonight and it seems the fish moved on. Picked up 3 bass to 26" on a sluggo.

this morning 6 to 7:30 released 9 bass to 28" all on jig head and AAT tails in Mean dine color. Major bite going on now in 70' water Rattle snake area

Fished for a few hours post dark today. All the action came on the top three hours of the outgoing again. Still tons of spearing around and bass swirling on them.

I spent a lot more time throwing shads today after seeing a 18lber caught yesterday; we didn't catch as many bass but the size average was a little better today. These fish are hungry really inhaling the shads.

My brother got 7 bass and I got 5 today all shorts again.

Did see a 43" caught and released today.

This AM 6:00 to 7:30 released 14 bass to 29" all on jig head and Salt and pepper Rip tide tail NE pushed in lots of bait could have had a banner morning but lost the tide

Good going fellas. Fished nomoco from 3-6am. 5 bass to 12lbs. Released.
    Bucktail and pork took some. Shad took the biggest.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast