Thread: Finchaser and the shark

Default Finchaser and the shark

He was on the His n Hers fishing about 15 miles offshore at Barnegat Ridge with his stepson and a friend. A guy on another boat filmed the shark. That's why in the video it's mis-identified as a great white. In reality it was a basking shark, about 20' long. Any way you look at it, still a big shark.

Here you can see the boat His n Hers starting at 0:16. Shark looks like a mini submarine.

Last edited by DarkSkies; 02-04-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: I put the longer video in, you can see the boat now at 0:16

that mofo is huge!

They're pretty harmless, but impressive just the same. Especially one that size. We had either a nurse or a whale shark come up on us once off the Cape in the summer. It was pretty tense for us as it made a few passes around the boat.

I don't know how you measured that shark, but it's the biggest one I ever saw. It must have been a humbling experience to see something that huge.

That guy needs a steady cam. I am about to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by albiealert View Post
    I don't know how you measured that shark, but it's the biggest one I ever saw. It must have been a humbling experience to see something that huge.

Boat is 13 ' wide and the dorsal to the tail fin was wider than the boats stern, with out taking into consideration from the dorsal forward to the tip of it's nose

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice