Thread: Suspect package blown up was fishing rod

Default Suspect package blown up was fishing rod

Security is the most important, sure. This is ridiculous!

Suspect package blown up was fishing rod

NORTH VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 12 (UPI) -- Police in the Canadian community of North Vancouver played it safe and blew up a suspicious package Thursday only to find out it contained a The cylindrical package was found in the Lonsdale Quay area of the British Columbia city, prompting police to invoke a lockdown, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported. The security measure brought SeaBus ferry service to a standstill during the rush hour, and led to the closing of a shopping center and evacuation of office buildings within several blocks.
    Things got back to normal after police detonated the package shortly after 5 p.m. local time
    "We have to err on the side of caution," Mounted Police Constable Michael McLaughlin said of the pre-emptive strike that took out a fishing rod. "Our job is to keep you safe and that is why we did what we did today."
    People and fish in the area likely breathed a sigh of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by VSdreams View Post
    Security is the most important, sure. This is ridiculous!

Suspect package blown up was fishing rod

"We have to err on the side of caution," Mounted Police Constable Michael McLaughlin said of the pre-emptive strike that took out a fishing rod.... People and fish in the area likely breathed a sigh of relief.
    fish in the area likely breathed a sigh of relief.

Give me a break! Was the package ticking? I don't know how you could even make a rod into a circular package, but I guess they managed. Constable McLaughlin might be a member of PETA.