Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The things you hate most about spring fishing

Default The things you hate most about spring fishing

The trash left in the spots is one of the biggest annoyances. I usually have a trash bag with me, and try to clear up a spot a little, especially if I fish there a lot. But some people are such pigs, especially if they fish bait. Just drop their containers and bait stuff all over.

I can't stand the boaters who think they own the surf. I am sick of them trying to coming close to shore. As far as I am concerned they are nothing but a bit of inconsiderate A-- Holes.

The trash, and the crowds. If I am fishing a spot, why does a guy have to come right to where I am and set up 3 poles. This makes me mad the most when there are no other people close by. Why can't he go about 500 feet away, the fish will still be there...

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    I can't stand the boaters who think they own the surf. I am sick of them trying to coming close to shore. As far as I am concerned they are nothing but a bit of inconsiderate A-- Holes.
    Not a great idea to put all boaters in one category, dude. However, last year at SH, there was a boat that came too close because the guys were drunk out of their minds. Almost ran aground. We tried to warn them, about 5 guys yelling at them. Finally they figured it out, and made it back to the rips.

Didn't put them all in one catagory. There are just some guys who don't care.

Yeah, but there are shore fishermen who do the same thing. There's one early season hotspot I never fish anymore because of the trash and guys pissing all over the place. If I had a house on that street, I would bother the town until they shut it down.

I'm one of the bait guys, fish bait a lot. I always take away any trash with me, and try to make the area better than when I got there. But some people just don't care. They will be the first to scream when a place gets closed down.

When you go to launch your boat, and you have to wait 10 minutes because the guy ahead of you didn't do all his prep before he got it to the ramp. Little courtesy goes a long way.

When you are into fish on the beach or jetty, and a lot of people are crowding. Ssometimes you thiink someone's ear might get hooked when people go nuts in a blitz.

small blues

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    small blues
    People hooting and hollering when they catch a 2 lb blue. Show me something 8-13lbs, that's worth jumping up and down. Otherwise, it's just chum.

The fact that its not here yet!

Quote Originally Posted by BassBuddah View Post
    The fact that its not here yet!

I'm with ya on this one
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^ x2

sometimes its still cold and i dont like it at all winter flounder is to da!!!!!short

Quote Originally Posted by pescador29 View Post
    The trash, and the crowds. If I am fishing a spot, why does a guy have to come right to where I am and set up 3 poles. This makes me mad the most when there are no other people close by. Why can't he go about 500 feet away, the fish will still be there...

Get a kayak and this won't be a problem anymore.

I hate the days I can't get out to go fishing! Any Season - Any time. Grrrrrr! Hate it!

people who can't hit a beach without lighting a fire that the smoke gets in your eyes!

It has already been said ,but garbage on the beach especially from fishermen who should know better.
    Boats that crowd surf fishermen, the boats can fish everywhere the surf guys cannot. I bring a garbage bag for the beach.

I have no problem fishing in the fall into the freezing weather for that last nice fish. In the spring it is too cold for schoolies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast