Thread: finishing off the plugs

Default finishing off the plugs

The work and time you guys put into the plugs is amazing. I was wondering what type of finish coat you put on them and how many coats? If I just want to do a touch up mid-season, is it ok to sand down with very fine sandpaper and spray with a coat of clear?

Well yes and no it will work but for a very short time a better method is to just use some 30 min.2 ton epoxy brush it on real thin and let dry its better to put the epoxy in a warm bath of water not too hot or it will run all over the place and not mix right.If it is put on thinly enough it should dry w/o spinning.

Is it possible to do touch ups as skinner mentioned? I have some plugs wich could use some light work. Is it necessary to sand it down first or could it just be coated?

As long as it is dry it can just be coated.

If you go to one of the craft stores look for envirotex lite in a spray can this is basically the same stuff we use in the epoxy form on plugs usually these stores have 40 -50 % off coupons if you know which ones if not shoot me an email or pm.