Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
if you need me to do anything on the rods for you call me. By the way my biggest rod is 9'6" never needed anything bigger I can throw my 9' CTS and Super surf further than most with an 11' ask Dark.
Aah.....you know how those Eyetalians are always bragging how they can do something better than others....
I gotta chime in here, just ball busting him...but what he says is all true.....he can, and does, consistently outcast most guys on the beach.....and over the decades he's been involved in fishing and rod building, understands the basic physics of it......casting has a lot to do with your presentation, height to rod ratio, stance, and understanding of how each rod loads and works best.......

Generally speaking......If you're 6' or taller, IMO you are in a better position to throw a longer rod.....if not, you can learn to use a shorter rod to maximize your casts, and possibly get maximum distance. I use my 10'6" rod when the fish are beyond the breakers but there are times when I do just as well (and with less fatigue) with a shorter stick........

You should take him up on that most generous offer....he really knows casting, and what's best suited for each person, once he fishes with ya and gets a chance to see how you fish........

He did mention to me that with your shoulder surgery you would be now best suited to shorter rods if you want to keep that shoulder strong and minimize re-injury.......take a ride to see him in April and let him critique your casting...bring a few different length rods with you and get feedback on each........it's an offer that will provide invaluable insight....