Thread: What is a surfcaster?

Default What is a surfcaster?

A surfcaster is someone that goes around with determination in his eyes and usually a hook in the back of their waders,we are usually good for a sense of humor but bad for your sense of smell.

Surfcasters come in all sizes... but our stories are always of the tall nature.

A surfcaster will carry 30 lbs. of gear,so we can use every lure known to man to catch a 5 lb. fish.

A surfcaster will spend all day or all night trying to catch a fish and will spend all day or night talking about "The one that got away"

We have Patience & Dedication & also an imagination that could qualify us for the Guinness Book of World Records.

And at the end of a trip battered and bruised,holding a fish that costed $20 a lb. to catch and $8 a lb. to buy we sit back in our smelly waders open a beer...

And again wait for the words that stir our souls.

"GONE FISHIN"

Couldn't describe it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    A surfcaster is someone that goes around with determination in his eyes and usually a hook in the back of their waders,we are usually good for a sense of humor but bad for your sense of smell.

Surfcasters come in all sizes... but our stories are always of the tall nature.
    I can definitely identify with the bad sense of smell. Or, maybe our smell sometimes becomes so overpowering, we kind of adjust and ignore it.

A corollary to the "stories" one is that the fish we lost becomes bigger every time we tell the story...

Good one, Surfstix, I enjoyed that.

Awesome and funny too!

Thought I would bring surfstix's prose up as well.....