Thread: Report: Greater Philadelphia outdoor Sportshow

Hybrid View

Default Report: Greater Philadelphia outdoor Sportshow

Greater Philadelphia outdoor Sportshow 2010
    Philly show is this weekend, guys and girls.

Greater Philadelphia Outdoor Sportshow, Greater Philadelphia Expo Center, Oaks, PA, February 25-28, 2010

http://www.sportshows.com/SEMINARSCH...PHILLY2010.pdf

Pebbles and I hit that Philly show in Oaks, PA today guys and girls. It was a very busy show. We got there early and stayed for awhile.

From what I was told, this show replaces the old one they used to have in Fort Washington, maybe some people remember that.

I heard from the people counting the money that the attendance numbers were great, beyond expectations. I was able to observe some of this for myself as there was a steady stream in and out of that place all day.

I talked to the vendors as well for their opinions of the traffic. Most said they were happy, with the only slight complaints that people weren't as eager to spend as much as they sometimes do. Given this poor economy, that's understandable and a common theme I've been hearing this Spring.

Default The attractions

There were so many there was something for everyone. Tons of families came out, many with 3 and 4 kids in tow. Lots of times the little ones get bored when the show just focuses on fishing or hunting.

But the variety of attractions like "Brody the Bear" featuring a 1400# brown/grizzly bear Brody, "The Raptor show" with owls, falcons, crows, and other birds of prey, the casting pool, trout pond, and some kiddie attractions were the perfect things to keep the kids busy, and wives/girlfriends too.

Pebbles doesn't always go with me to shows because at the straight fishing ones I tend to get into prolonged discussions about fishing or fisheries management.

At this show there was enough for her to do while I did my thing wandering around and shooting video of the things that caught my eye. She was also nice enough to take a few shots with the regular camera, thanks Pebbles.

I'm not gonna report on everything as it was too much to list. What I usually try to do is report on the stuff that catches my eye, and that a saltwater fisherman might be interested in, or some unusual or new product that I feel merits some discussion.

I'm trying to post during a bumpy road home, so I'll flesh out the posts now, and post the pics and vids when I have broadband access for downloading.

If you see an incomplete post that interests you, check back by Tue when it should all be finished and posted up.

some pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP7087.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	10182

Name:	IMGP7088.JPG 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	10183

Name:	IMGP7089.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	10184

Default Muddy Water tackle co

One of the first things that caught my eye was the Radtke pike minnow being sold by Will and Richard Zellner, 2 brothers from Chicago running the Muddy Water tackle co.

They had a show special of any 3 for $25. One of the brothers beat the heck out of the pike on the table to show how durable it was, great marketing.

"The man's not afraid to beat the crap out of his lures"

Name:	IMGP7091.JPG 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	10185

Name:	IMGP7092.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	10186