Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My personal views on Healthcare

I'm done this whole thing just makes me want to throw up.I'm gonna focus on fishing plugs the hell w/ this.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    they got the nuts to be exempt what does that tell you it is no damn good period.
    The thing that helps me to reconcile my life as a US citizen, Surfstix, is the concept of "equality under the law, and fairness and justice for all".

Whether we are talking about health care or fishing, I can be induced to support some pretty uncomfortable programs if I feel everyone around me has the do the same, or is on the same page about it.

I realize this is just a concept. Life's not fair across the board, some are more equal than others, some people make rules for others to follow and don't follow them themselves.

This is the kind of stuff that destroys the fabric of our nation and national pride. What kind of nation do we live in if the majority of us are treated as 2nd class citizens?

The fact that there is a separate health plan for the President and Congress tells me that there is a class of people ruling us who consider themselves ultra elite.

They are the exalted rulers, and we are the stupid peasants scrambling for crumbs in the tarnished streets of America.

If they really believed in this Health Care reform, the President and every member of Congress would voluntarily give up their benefits and join the program with us, the peons, as a show of solidarity.

They could well afford to do so. A Congress person's pension is a pathway to lifetime riches and financial security once they retire. Same for Presidents and past Presidents.

IMO 80% of the American public can never hope to achieve anything close to the financial package this elite group gets. This is one of the key things wrong with our political system that needs fixing, the elite rulers eating from the troth created by public dollars and taxes.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread, Surfstix, but every time I think of it, the hypocrisy in our gov't gives me heartburn.

I don't have any solutions other than public disclosure of the pensions and health benefits this elite group continue to get even in the face of the worst recession in recent history.

Shame on them, but my proclaiming shame, or anyone else's anger, really doesn't matter.

We need concerned citizens to keep exposing this, bringing real numbers and stats to the forefront of public attention.

That may not change things either, but at least it's a start. Thanks for trying, Surfstix.

Double standard of gov't vs citizens, welcome to the US.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12