Thread: NJMFC Meeting March 4th 2010 4pm

Hybrid View

Default NJMFC Meeting March 4th 2010 4pm

got this in a NJ Fish and wildlife e-mail.
    The public was invited to attend and make comments at this open meeting.

Division of Fish and Wildlife
    P. O. Box 400
    Trenton, NJ 08625-0400
    David Chanda, Director
    Visit our Website: njfishandwildlife.com

Honorable Kim Guadagno
    Secretary of State
    State House – P.O. Box 300
    Trenton, New Jersey 08625

Dear Secretary Guadagno:

The next meeting of the New Jersey Marine Fisheries Council will be held on Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:00 p.m. at the Toms River Township Office, 33 Washington Street, Toms River, NJ 08753 in the L. Manuel Hirshblond Room.* The agenda to the extent known at this time is as follows:

Roll Call
    Compliance with Sunshine Law
    Approval of Minutes for January 7, 2010
    Enforcement Report
    Legislative Report
    Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission Report
    Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council Report
    Shellfish Council Report
    Committee Reports
    2009 Regulatory Proposal Update
    2010 Recreational Measures for Weakfish, Summer Flounder, Black Sea Bass, Scup and Commercial Measures for Weakfish
    Old Business
    New Business
    Public Comment
    Date of Next Meeting May 13, 2010 (Galloway Twp. Library)

Under the authority N.J.S.A. 13:1B-30 et. seq., this letter is to comply with P.L. 1975, c. 231, and enclosed is one copy for filing and one copy for posting.

Sincerely,

David Chanda
    Director

Newark Star Ledger, State House, Trenton, New Jersey
    The Press (Atlantic City), State House, Trenton, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    The next meeting of the New Jersey Marine Fisheries Council will be held on Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:00 p.m. at the Toms River Township Office, 33 Washington Street, Toms River, NJ 08753 in the L. Manuel Hirshblond Room.* The agenda to the extent known at this time is as follows:
    2010 Recreational Measures for Weakfish, Summer Flounder, Black Sea Bass, Scup and Commercial Measures for Weakfish
    This is where the action will be at in terms of the issues that face most of us, folks. The meeting is conveniently located in Tom's River. I hope some people here can try to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    This is where the action will be at in terms of the issues that face most of us, folks. The meeting is conveniently located in Tom's River. I hope some people here can try to make it.
    I will be there!

I wonder if our site reporter is going to be there. He seems to have a new title scouter/reporter. How about it Dark?

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    I wonder if our site reporter is going to be there. He seems to have a new title scouter/reporter. How about it Dark?
    I could be just like Killie and wait for the actual report from Finchaser. I'm getting a new cell phone battery this week.

That day is a late work day for me, where I usually push my work from other days if I run out of time. After talking to a few people, I'm gonna see if I can get there though I might only make half the meeting.

It really is a good chance for guys to see fisheries meetings up close and personal. The fluke sizes will be discussed, some stuff about weakfish, etc. To me that stuff is interesting, and the decisions made from there will impact our fishing this season.

If anyone out there is on the fence about this, this would be a great intro meeting to get yourself on board to learning more about why they make the decisions they do.

well this is were we find out what the damage will be for the year lets just hope its not a death blow for some

Quote Originally Posted by Duskydaze View Post
    I will be there!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    IThat day is a late work day for me, where I usually push my work from other days if I run out of time. After talking to a few people, I'm gonna see if I can get there though I might only make half the meeting.

It really is a good chance for guys to see fisheries meetings up close and personal. The fluke sizes will be discussed, some stuff about weakfish, etc. To me that stuff is interesting, and the decisions made from there will impact our fishing this season.
    Hey I already read the regs that finchaser posted about the fluke, but did any of you guys go to that meeting? I would like to hear a little more about the other things discussed if someone would care to share, thanks.

I will be there!
    Aren't you that guy who says he's going to the meeting and really goes fishin instead?

I will be there!
    Your the best

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post

Roll Call
    Compliance with Sunshine Law
    Approval of Minutes for January 7, 2010
    Enforcement Report
    Legislative Report
    Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission Report
    Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council Report
    Shellfish Council Report
    Committee Reports
    2009 Regulatory Proposal Update
    Old Business
    New Business
    Public Comment
    Date of Next Meeting May 13, 2010 (Galloway Twp. Library)

Bump for the meeting which is tomorrow at 4pm folks.