Hybrid View

Default Beach Clean Up Event at Gooseberry Island

Stripercoast Surfcasters Club
    announces its first beach clean-up project of 2010
    Gooseberry Island, Westport, MA
    Saturday, April 10th, 2010
    (rain date - Saturday, April 24th)
    8:00am - 4:00pm

Stripercoast Surfcasters Club, a coast-wide striped bass surfcasting club, will be hosting a shoreline clean-up project at Gooseberry Island in Westport, MA on Saturday, April 10th, from 8:00am - 4:00pm. (Rain date is Saturday April 24th)

Club members & other volunteers will spend the day picking up trash and debris on the island which has collected there over the winter months, and YOU are invited!

The club will be providing a lunch of grilled burgers, hot dogs, etc. free of charge for all who volunteer their time to participate in the clean-up effort. Please let us know if you intend to come so that we can make sure to have enough for everyone.

If you are someone who enjoys the outdoors and the many resources Massachusetts parks have to offer, this is a great family oriented opportunity for you to make a difference in the community.

To volunteer, or for information on sponsoring this event,
    please contact:

Jacob Freeman
    National Chapter Vice President
    jake@stripercoastsurfcasters.us

PRESS RELEASE

Dedicated to Conservation

Bump...

C'mon guys. Lets pull together to clean this place up!

Be sure to let me know if you plan to attend so that we can make sure there's enough FREE food for you at lunch time.

Wow,, posted a month in advance. Only 10 views and zero replies.

I was really hoping that this kind of event would spark some interest here and we'd see some participation from the NE S&A crowd.

It looks like we'll have perfect weather for the event this Saturday, and there's still time to get in on this if you're so inclined. Just reply to this thread or shoot me PM if you're planning to come.

Even if you can't come for the whole day, any help would be very appreciated. We'll be there from 8:00am - 4:00 pm and serving lunch around noon.

Hope to see some of you there!
    ~ Jake

thats a good thing you are trying to do up there Jake. Hope you get some folks to show up. I'm hoping we can get something down here in NJ done like that soon too. BTW the reel works awesome.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

Thanks cardoc. We're currently expecting around 50 volunteers, but there's enough work there for 100 easily.

Glad you're enjoying the reel!

Bummer you couldn't get more interest in that Jake. If I lived closer I might help you people, but MA is pretty far to drive to do a cleanup. If you were giving away 50lb bass you might get a better response. Good luck, hope it turns out well.