Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat fish DON'T COUNT! (and other fishing myths)

Default Boat fish DON'T COUNT! (and other fishing myths)

Just read Monty's comments and I am a little miffed. Also ending my day with some glenlivet, so trying to mellow out and chill. It just riles me more than a bit though.
    Boat fish don't count.
    Kayak fish don't count.
    What are some of the other NJ-Saltwater-Isms that you guys think are ridiculous?

Haha thats so funny. Maybe because you can move around a lot? Like if you don't find fish at one spot you can just keep going effortlessly until you do? My .02

Oh I got one. unless you catch a fish on your Vaan Stall reel and Crazy alberto rod in the middle of the night at 3am it doesn't count.

LOL! I'll see that and raise you one. Unless you are wearing all that gear, and on the front of a jetty in a noreaster fishing big wood, it doesn't count!

It is not a real fish and doesn't count - any fish caught in NJ. Only fish caught in Long Island at Montauk light, or wherever the heck monty fishes, do they count!

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    It is not a real fish and doesn't count - any fish caught in NJ. Only fish caught in Long Island at Montauk light, or wherever the heck monty fishes, do they count!
    That's silly, but it is written that Long Island fish fight better than NJ fish. They are of a better class of fish.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    That's silly, but it is written that Long Island fish fight better than NJ fish. They are of a better class of fish.
    Of course they are, if your name is monty.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Of course they are, if your name is monty.

Monty is lucky he doesn't fish NJ anymore or I would zig zag back and forth over his fishing grounds all night in the boat and kayak.

What I often want to say to surf guys who say "boat fish don't count" is "NEITHER DO CELL PHONE FISH" lol

Not referring to anyone on this website of course!

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    What I often want to say to surf guys who say "boat fish don't count" is "NEITHER DO CELL PHONE FISH" lol

You mean NJ Surfcasters not LI?
    You really are rocking the boat.....

What I want to know is WHAT is this NJ vs LI hating? Can't we all just get along and be part of a big beautiful brotherhood of surfcasters?

You are joking about a brotherhood right? If you want to catch fish you learn when to keep your mouth shut or it will be all over fb. You want a brotherhood? Go get a dog, or find some OTB Asian woman to marry and you can have a brotherhood with her and her family sponging off of you.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    You want a brotherhood? Go get a dog.
    Or a few cats .

Haha love this thread! Ill add - you Jersey guys can't catch fish for sh**!!!!!!!!! You all need a boat to do it. Also I visited jersey a few times during those striper blitzes. You pussi** all stand around and wait for one guy to catch fish and then you all run down and mug him. What kind of dedication is that. What a bunch of weak a** pansies you jersey guys are. 90% of you have never fished rocks in the middle of the night. You are the ones that come up to Montauk, fall down and never come back because it's too hard wah wah.

You guys are sick! Keep em coming lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    What kind of dedication is that. What a bunch of weak a** pansies you jersey guys are. 90% of you have never fished rocks in the middle of the night. You are the ones that come up to Montauk, fall down and never come back because it's too hard wah wah.

Where do you get the best bagels? NJ
    Where do you get the best pizza? NJ
    Where do you get the best pork roll sandwiches? NJ
    Who has the best beach bikini girls? NJ
    What state has the most miles of bass and bluefish coastline? NJ
    Anyone who just wants to fish LI or any other state and doesn't like NJ, don't let the door hit you on the *** when leaving our state! We also have the best vinegar fries too. And hamburgers.

lol x2! You should try the vinegar fries in ocean city!

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    Haha love this thread! Ill add - you Jersey guys can't catch fish for sh**!!!!!!!!! You all need a boat to do it. Also I visited jersey a few times during those striper blitzes. You pussi** all stand around and wait for one guy to catch fish and then you all run down and mug him. What kind of dedication is that. What a bunch of weak a** pansies you jersey guys are. 90% of you have never fished rocks in the middle of the night. You are the ones that come up to Montauk, fall down and never come back because it's too hard wah wah.
    Exactly why left NJ!!!!!
    Plus the beach replenishment crap.
    Long Island, Hell Yeah!!!!!

Especially fish caught from a boat on bait should be

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast