Thread: Dirty Water Anglers, REPORTS and pics

Hybrid View

Default Dirty Water Anglers, REPORTS and pics

Hey guys I just stopped by G's house, he told me he created an album with his pics.
    I'll post a link to the pics he shot the other day.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/album.php?u=195

I thought we were gonna keep everything in the Urban fishing thread.

Maybe it's a better idea to roll with it this way, for the real time reports and the pics here in this thread...

and all GENERAL articles and videos to remain in the urban fishing thread.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=5412

Anyone else that wants to get in on this thread, with pics or videos that THEY took, feel free to post up.

Guidelines for posting in this thread:

1. I think we also want to state from the start that general pics are best. Specific pics are OK if there are no fish in the pics. Once we start bringing in the large, I would encourage people to disguise the background.

2. Or...take the shot of the fish when you get back home.

3. If you're releasing it, try to focus on the water and not the specific background.

4. I will be giving out plugs and prizes for guys releasing the largest fish this year.
    5. If I feel it's too specific I might have to delete the pic, OR the album. so please think of that when you take that shot of that fish.

We fish a lot of spots that can only hold 5-10 people at a time.
    Some of the people there are old school anglers, they hate the internet.

I don't want to do anything to ruin it for those guys.
    I believe if we remain within those parameters, we can have some fun here.

So feel free to roll with the Dirty Water Anglers, if ya can stand the stink of the mud and the chemicals.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    We fish a lot of spots that can only hold 5-10 people at a time.
    Some of the people there are old school anglers, they hate the internet.

I don't want to do anything to ruin it for those guys.
    I believe if we remain within those parameters, we can have some fun here.
    Just in case anyone doubts what can happen with the internet and reports that are too specific, here's an example when a guy last year put out a report that he caught 20 bass at a specific area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sharing is caring!.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	10315

I know those rocks, without the internet , cell phones and birds the new breed of bass fisherman would be hard pressed to catch a fish on there own

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    I know those rocks, without the internet , cell phones and birds the new breed of bass fisherman would be hard pressed to catch a fish on there own
    What? you expect people to actually put time in to catch a fish?It's so much easier to run after the reports when everyone else is catching. I fished for 5 hours last night for one small fish. Hey at least I got one. You can't catch a fish from a computer screen. But I guess you can catch a fish when your buddy calls you from a cell phone. You are absolutely right on this finchaser. For now I will enjoy my small fish and the cold weather until all the internet fishermen decide it's time to come out and fish.

Do coney island whitefish count in the reports section here, or will that be a separate forum?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Do coney island whitefish count in the reports section here, or will that be a separate forum?
    Ha ha, can you get them broiled or fried?

i got my first keeper of the year and it felt so d good now i hope to get some on plugs just as i was going to pack up and go my reel starts to screem and in comes a nice 31 inch bassAttachment 15214i hope this is a start of good things to come

well i went out to the bait shop my buddy works at to see whats up with the fishing and all he told me was its the same thing as last week slow the anglers who came in told the same story i was on the way home and stoped off to see the guys fishing 10 rods and one fish the other spot more than 20 rods no fish at all most guys have bin out there for more than 10 hrs i could not do that this weekend they can have it !!!Attachment 15231

10 hours for one fish? Wow I could not do that either. Nice pic gjb.

Attachment 15233here is a pic of the only dw fish from last night 38 in 17.8 lbthe bait came in spurts and so did the swing and misses

Wow very nice fish, yours? congrats!

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

looks like the bite is on in my local river. three keepers all 30" in the second to last hr of outgoing on a Yozuri black over silver crystal minnow. as soon as i showed up I saw some activity and knew I would get into fish but this was my first hat trick. lost a fourth keeper when he got unbuttoned. fish were hitting in fifteen min intervals in right off the back side of the "pillars". caught a small guy and then called it a night. should probably try the incoming later. we had a really good, what I would call healthy incoming tide today with the wind blowing north and every year when that happens it seems to bring a wave of fish thru.
    Attachment 15578Attachment 15579Attachment 15580Attachment 15581
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-10-11_23-10-40_571.jpg   2012-10-11_23-24-19_283.jpg  

2012-10-11_23-24-23_204.jpg   2012-10-11_23-40-26_844.jpg  

way to go on the bass i am glad the bite is on in the river now if i can hook with some bass i will be happy

Nice going zev! Sounds like awesome action! I fished nomoco last night from 8-10 got one 26" bass on a tsunami shad.No other hits or bumps.

Default Re: Dirty Water Anglers, REPORTS and pics

i was back out first part of the night wind was in my face and then it droped out but i got small fish my buddy got the big fish nice 32 in bass will be back at sat

Default Re: Dirty Water Anglers, REPORTS and pics

Time on the water, G..you'll gettum soon....

Remember when Amboy Angler put in 2 whole days out there to get that 27lb bass and win the contest?
    Man those were the days,,,,,,,

thanks for sharing the pics with the members here.....