Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Water Anglers, REPORTS and pics

Default Re: Dirty Water Anglers, REPORTS and pics

i was told of three weaks came in last week thats all but most of the time u wont get any reports most of the guys just want bass blues most of the larger bass are gone till fall its hit or mis most of the big come and go on the tides

well i am now fishing my default spots in nb its so shallow in places but at least i get some hits on small blues and little bass no big fish at all but it keep me going i know there are big fish around i know i will be in the right place at the right time so i keep going i will put the big rods down for a while go to my 8 ft and 7 6 tight lines and good fishin

Hey at least its something on the end of the line. Good luck and thanks for the report on the weakfish. I think we should have some good catches in August.

well i have not done much fishing in a while so i hit some of my go to spots and it hsa not gone well its just as i left it me skunking or nothing but small fish last week end perth small blues went one for five spots two that were just the size i would keep micro fluke now i stayed close to home went to bayonne i still suck swing and swing micro spot this timeand that is just sad no bass at all not evan the little ones noe i set up the big rod nice two lb blue i feel good now so any way i got one more blue two lb class and then all i could do is swing and mis this year i just think i want the fishing to be over till next year so i can have a fresh start i just cant get a break after fishing i got stuck waiting for the path the signals go down and only one track open and on top of that all the trains were delayed another 15 mins got the square power went down on train for 3 or 4 min so after all that i walked home allmost 2 milesi think next time i will just stay home

If I still lived in Jersey I think I'd be waiting for the water to cool and the bait to start moving.

Hey gjb sorry to hear that guess thats why they call it fishing and not catching. Better luck next time.

well here a late report i went out sat morn to a spot with the bad and i was so pumped for some reason i was not going to quit rain or no rain so i get set up it was slow just a few small hits but i was not going home thats what was the plan so i kept at it now i was talking to a guy and he told me a blow fish was pulled up but the guy was gone so i did not see it so we keep fishing bunker show no fish on them for a while then the small blues show up at least we got fish and the water is not that dirty any more a guy pulled up a pin fish he was mixed in with the spot

You beat the skunk...congrats G...

I really feel that area is within 3 weeks of blowing up as the water cools. There are already big blues staging in the Western Sound....
    from Execution Light to the Bronx and near the bridges, blues 10-16lbs. Caught mostly at night, those blues in that area should make a path directly down the E River and into the NY Bight....some reports say they're already there, though I think that action is still spotty....

They should be there soon, following the bunker...with some bass right behind them....
    That area is loaded with sea bass, spot, and pinfish as well, more so than it has been in the last few years....
    Hope you're there when the fish come down the pike....

You deserve something other than buzzard's luck....I believe it's gonna turn around real soon.....

well most of the fish are small and i did not get any fish with size its bin that way for a while no bass with size and no blues with size and the pin fish well i have never seen one up here ever but we will see on the bigger fish

Keep hitting it guys you gotta have faith!

tonight was a fish and move night hit a few dw spots and the odd thing was most of the places were dead all but the last one small blues and spots would have stayed over night but the dam rain well theres allways sunday

The rain was terrible last night. I sat through it for one short runt. sometimes in the rain the fishing turns on. Not last night. I felt like a drowned rat out there.

i was all over there last night on slick rocks mud and sand just small fish wet and tired just cant seem to get some big fish at all its sad buzzards luck in full !!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

I really feel that area is within 3 weeks of blowing up as the water cools.

The big blues should be there soon, following the bunker...with some bass right behind them....
    That area is loaded with sea bass, spot, and pinfish as well, more so than it has been in the last few years....
    Hope you're there when the fish come down the pike....

You deserve something other than buzzard's luck....I believe it's gonna turn around real soon.....

I made that prediction on 9-5-12 based on past logs and reports here....

Things for a lot of areas are a little late this year.
    This distresses me because there are always little bass in the NY Bight.

According to what G and other sources are reporting even though there are tremendous amounts of bass forage, the bass had not shown up yet in any decent sizes or numbers. This includes the little bass that they can catch throughout the year when the season is open (throwbacks)

Remember this, folks, when you are shouting about how much of a comeback the striped bass have made...

Anyway, on a positive note, Roger got a 31 the other day eeling....

Roger works for a friend of Finchaser's.....
    Courtesy of Roger and Capt Andy from Pioneer Fishing Charters....in Jersey City,,,visit their site when you get chance......http://www.pioneer-charters.com/

Here ya's go.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rogers 31     9-28.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	15519

The report:

Saturday

Today the Sunday crew was out and they made all the difference. The morning tide only produced one short striper. If I did not have the regulars onboard,I would have left the area as we went through the slack water without a bite while waiting for the tide to change. When the current started to run around 11:30 the bite turned on. First it was 12 to 14 lb. bluefish and then some bass. Roger had his limit and started off the fall bass run in style, landing a 31lb. striped bass that ran both of us around the boat.

no boat fish for me

31 lbs nice fish!

ok this year is just not right moer pin fish spot and a few puffers but its bin light on big bass and big blues i was at my buddys shop and some guys came in they were playing with short tog and seabass from shore no less was going to do a all nighter but i got tired and the little fish just would not stay off my hook small bass after small bass no small blues for me all day the runt bass kept me going all fish came on cut spot and bunker one of the guys got the only good fish today a 32 in 11lb blue he was so happy as the tide droped out and the wind calmed down the bunker started to run in to the lines but i left them for another day

Nice bluefish...I think the action will pick up in the other river system first, though....soon.....

Nice blue.

any one know what this little guy is one of the dirty water guys got him fihing for spots today

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast