Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Water Anglers, REPORTS and pics

Default Re: Dirty Water Anglers, REPORTS and pics

Drum?

yup its called a silver perch in the drum family never seen one up here

its starting to look like the bigger bass are looking to eat i got this from my buddy nice fish

did a long dw outing last nite 5pm to 1am we had a few run offs but it was lots of small fish but at least it was bass so no big one that night but they are there so its just a mater of time but the spot we fished we lost a few rigs and that sucks all fish were on fresh bunker all the little guys still swiming so we can get them when they grow up will try to get some small spots and live line one to see if any bass are there

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

looks like the bite is on in my local river. three keepers all 30" in the second to last hr of outgoing on a Yozuri black over silver crystal minnow. as soon as i showed up I saw some activity and knew I would get into fish but this was my first hat trick. lost a fourth keeper when he got unbuttoned. fish were hitting in fifteen min intervals in right off the back side of the "pillars". caught a small guy and then called it a night. should probably try the incoming later. we had a really good, what I would call healthy incoming tide today with the wind blowing north and every year when that happens it seems to bring a wave of fish thru.
    Attachment 15578Attachment 15579Attachment 15580Attachment 15581
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-10-11_23-10-40_571.jpg   2012-10-11_23-24-19_283.jpg  

2012-10-11_23-24-23_204.jpg   2012-10-11_23-40-26_844.jpg  

way to go on the bass i am glad the bite is on in the river now if i can hook with some bass i will be happy

Nice going zev! Sounds like awesome action! I fished nomoco last night from 8-10 got one 26" bass on a tsunami shad.No other hits or bumps.

i was back out first part of the night wind was in my face and then it droped out but i got small fish my buddy got the big fish nice 32 in bass will be back at sat

Time on the water, G..you'll gettum soon....

Remember when Amboy Angler put in 2 whole days out there to get that 27lb bass and win the contest?
    Man those were the days,,,,,,,

thanks for sharing the pics with the members here.....

true it was fun runing all over the place to get bass and we sure did and on a side note amboy is doing better down in the sunshine state

^^Glad to hear that about Amboy, G.....he was like a blazing comet out of control sometimes.....
    He had so much enthusiasm and didn't let the haters get him down.......

He had a lot of energy and much potential.....I think the move was good for him. and he knows he's always welcome in Jersey.......

This is him and you on one of the rare days ya's came out and fished the ocean with me......

BTW he filmed this clip...that's his voice as the narrator.......
    Miss ya, Amboy........

i hope he is geting some good fish down there i just need to move to th sun so i can get som good fish to

well its getting hot now the big fish are here and hungryquite a few dw towns are haveing good fishing i dont know hoe long it will last no big baits around the state park is giveing up blues on the tides all the fish are comeing at differant times of the tidesso as i see it not one tide is better than the other fresh bait is the way to go lots of small spots still around so get and use them striper candy guys one of my buddys was in a big fish slump but dirty water gave him a new best fish 45 in 30lb

Now thats a cow! Nice fish gjb!

not my fish only thing i got was a cold no keeper or cow bass

Oh ok it is still a nice fish anyway. You will get one eventually. I hope you get better.

well i have bin out around the dw and all the big fish seem to have moved after the storm its like spring with all the little bass i got a whole bunch from fri to sun but not fish with size fresh bait and frozen bait u could not keep the little guys away if u let the bait sit to long the crabs or ling would get the bait with the way things are looking i think its time to put my rods up till spring i just think its not worth it to keep going out spending money and wasteing time so i am done till 2013 good luck guys and gals

Have to be in it to win it. At least you tried. I think the water is getting too cold now and a lot of bait gone from the bay where we fish too.

well i have seen bunker for the last two days but no fish on them and i cant be out all the time so i am done for now

A member sent me a pic of a boat for scouting and fishing the dirty water once the spring season starts....

**The only thing I would add to this is a word of caution.....
    A flat bottomed boat this small size could be in trouble if the bay winds and waters kick up suddenly.....Spring waters around the 40-45 degree mark can incapacitate you if you fall in...within 10 minutes you can be paralyzed from the cold, and soon after death could follow if you can't get back to land

I dumped a boat similar in size many years ago. It wasn't a good day for me...and I learned some valuable lessons that day....
    Be careful out there guys. Thanks for the pic.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 23981.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	16034

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast