Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Water Anglers, REPORTS and pics

man u are just nuts your new name should be king of the googans

^ King of the Googans, think we can get a logo for that?

Here's some pics we shot the other night. Many of the fish are done spawning, (or at least 1/2, G ) There are some bigger fish in the Dirty Water Spots. The action is still sporadic, and tied in to the numbers of bunker that come in or out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP8445.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	10992

31" bass

Name:	IMGP8444.JPG 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	10993

Scenery galore, you can see caves and caverns for one low admission price...

Name:	IMGP8446.JPG 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	10994

nice bluefish

Name:	IMGP8450.JPG 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	10995

38" bass, about 19 0r 20#. Caught by "shadow"

Name:	IMGP8447.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	10996

i just got in from some dirty water fishing and the guys told me it has bit hot for two days now small bass 30 in and the largest bass 48 and a lot of steady blues the bunker are all over will be back out sunday nice and early i want to get my bass early so i can get in and out i will put the pics in the dwa album later its on ds lets go get them i was the blue fish king today i could not keep them away but its cool

well i got the pics up in the dwa albumthis is for the guys who say ther is no big bass take a look

WTG, G, Nieves confirmed, bigger ones still showing up. I took a look at the new DWA album pics you uploaded, nice bass, fat blues. Guess there's plenty of food, the bunker are all up in there now. Bad time to be a bunker...

poor poor bunker hate to be them

Great pics G. I sent you a pm
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

Default Some more dirty water pics

Nieves, and his friend Marlin, of the Surf King Crew.

Name:	nieves 25lb 5-7-10.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	11007

Name:	marlins 15lb 5-11-10.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	11008

Default Dirty water still giving up some decent bass

Hit Nomoco at sunset yesterday to find a fish on artificials. Water was clean, clear, and very cold in the ocean, 50's. Beautiful conditions for the sunset bite, but no bait to be found. Pluggers, boaters. and bait fishermen alike got blanked at this popular location. Stopped by and saw Speedy, and went to the bunker factory to make bait.

Bumped into Joesfishinproblem there, the bunker were not in close reach, so I cut out of there with the bunker I had left over.

Before I left I saw these 2 guys with spinning reels get some hits from decent fish. Unfortunately one of them didn't have his rod secured in a sand spike. He ran to grab it as it had a massive hit, he was microseconds late as the rod went flying into the water...

I felt bad for the guy, losing a nice bass or big bluefish, and his setup. I watched it all in slow motion and yelled at him to grab it up, but it just went flyyyyyying awaaaaaaay...

There are some big fish out there people. Murphy's law says you'll get that massive strike when yer not paying attention, or taking a leak, so pay attention!

Decided to hit the Dirty Water areas and do some inside scouting. First stop, guys were hitting small bluefish on bunker, though they did get a 35" bluefish the day before and some 30" bass. Nice to meet ya's.

Then I found G in another place. There had been some action, it was maybe a little slower than it had been. All bass though, no bluefish.

Big Rodney had the hot hand, he nailed a 32" and 38" bass near the top of the tide, tide change. There were bunker here and there.

Name:	IMGP8535.JPG 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	11009

The 38" bass had a huge gut and dwarfed the 32".
    Probably around 22.

Name:	IMGP8536.JPG 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	11010

It was late and G had been out for hours and wasn't feelin well. I took him home, back out in the rain.

I found a sheltered place to fish from. I felt that the rain would minimize and the fish would turn on. I was wrong as I fished from 2-6am. Nothing in the rain except cold wind that blew through your bones. Ended up sitting in the car with the heater on for 1/2 hour. At 4am the rain minimized again, back out to fish.

At 5:30 am, along comes Manny, a guy I met 2 years ago. I helped him land and gaff a monster bluefish from some rocks when no one else was around. He's been fishin that area 25 years. He was happy to see me. We shared some intel and kept fishin for the tide change.

I usually bring my own food, but this guy had Spanish empanadas (meat pastries) and rolls with butter. After being in the cold for so long, I was happy he offered to share. Muy delicioso!

Lesson: Sometimes it pays to help strangers out.

At 6am, around the tide change, I got a nice runoff on my bunker head, didn't come tight. That was it. As the tide for that location is pretty strong, I decided to cut my losses and go to work on time.

A friend of his called in a 30" bass from a nearby location, but Manny got blanked too. I had a feeling it would be a little slower today.

The fish are there if you have the patience to sit and wait. The key is the bunker loading up, and the water there is warmer than the ocean or bays. Hopefully some more decent fish to come out of there. Hope to see G get a nice one, he's definitely put his time in.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    ...you'll get that massive strike when yer...taking a leak, so pay attention!
    you just gave away my secret of how to get a hit when they aren't biting

i will be back soon i hope

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    i will be back soon i hope
    Hopefully sooner than soon! Feelin any better today?

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
    you just gave away my secret of how to get a hit when they aren't biting
    Works like a charm for me too. Theoretically, the older ya get the more times ya need to take a leak, which statistically translates to more hits!

Who said gettin older was all bad?

no my head is still pounding and i am shot

Sorry, bro, rest up and feel better.

who you calling old???

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
    who you calling old???
    Well, I don't feel old either, but then again I know I ain't 20 anymore. Can't climb those fences to tresspass and fish in the places I used to, how about you?

now i put it in 4 wheel drive to trespass...

^^Amazing what that 4wd can do, ain't it?

Wait until you guys get really old, then let me hear you complain. For now, quitcherwhining!

Where are the Dirty Water reports. All you guys are talking about is peeing to get bites and trespassing. Get out there and fish. lol

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast