Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Water Anglers, REPORTS and pics

i will be around that spot and try my luck with the fluke i got a few small buck tails i will tip with some powerbait sandworms so i will give a try if not i will just get my own bait in my trap so i will have some fresh meat for them if thats what they want

well guys did some dw fishing and it was hot as he@@ inthe sun for most of the early morn there were no fish or bait to be seen but i had a feeling i stuck it out kept looking for bait and it was worth it the bunker showed up a short time after three bass in the high 30 to 40 inch range showed up congrats to the guys who hooked up

it was a hot a@@day out on the water no bait for most of the day but we had to stick it out we looked for any bait so we got bait from the shop it was ok not to mush but u could see it was not fresh but its still bait when u have none when the water was comeing up the bait came with it herring bunker congrats to big vic he got the bass on the fresh snagged bunker dirty water strikes again

hey dude at least u tried

Thanks i just hope a keeper comes my way soon

i hit the water last night after it got a little cooler i got bait so i was set there i but the bait out and i was not long and i got a hit long story short dogfish all day at least i didnot skunk congrtas to the guy who got his limit 45 in and a 47 in after the fireworks way to go man

well it late but here gos anyway i was doing a little dwa fishing i was just so tired of sitting in the house so i grab some stuff up and off i went slow and dirty from the t storms no bass blues but there was a fish that was around in good numbers and i was a little suprized to see them in the the number that were there the herring were popping like the bunker so we all pulled out the sabique rigs and it was fun getting all the herring we did i did not take any home with me had to go early but i know they are they in very good numbers i feel bad for the ny guys cant touch the herring they were a mix of small the large fish we jiged them till dark hope to get some later if i am done work early

WENT OUT TO DO A LITTLE FISHING I GOT THREE FRESH BUNKER SAND WORMS I WAS NOT LOOKING TO GET FISH IT GOT NICE AND COOL AFTER THE BIG STORM SO IT WAS NICE OUT THERE WHEN I GOT TO WERE I WAS GOING TO FISH THERE WAS LOTS OF HERRING SNAPPERS SPEARING BUT NO BASS BLUES I WAS GOING TO FISH HARD BUT I JUST DECIDED TO TAKE IT SLOW I PLAYED WITH THE SMALL FISH I WAS PACKING IT UP WHEN I GOT THE BITE I WAS LOOKING FOR BUT IT CAME UNBUTTONED THATS FISHING

Hey at least ya got out there bro.
    That pic you sent me was great, good night shot. Made me miss it just by looking at it.

hey what kind of herring and do you ever pickle them for the winter?
    Are you catching them on sabikis or teaser rigs?

i get on sabiki and they are sea and blue back i dont eat them but i know guys that do and they say thers nothing wrong with them i just use them for bait when i dont have bunker

well guys its bin slow allover and just a few big fish that i know of i have not bin doing much fishing i have bin doing a lot of scouting thats all just a lot of small snappers i just cant bring myself to go out in the heat for small snappers i have lots of pics just no new pics of fish sorry guys rich give me a call u need to go see a few things

Default G's pics

G, did ya want these up here? Or do ya want to post them up in the DWA album? Let me know....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-10 DWA1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	11795

Name:	7-10 DWA2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	11796

Name:	7-10 DWA3.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	11797

rich its cool i just have so many thats why i sent u a few so u could see a few spots

I have been in G's presence and have spent some time with him to feel comfortable to break his chops a little. My question is this. Is the dirty water anglers forum about pictures of scenery or about catchin fish. Come on homie, where are the pics of the bigguns in the back. I have been dying to see some actual action from our neck of the woods. What's up. I was born and raised in Elizabeth and never knew about bass fishing these parts and I guess I never will. Come on with the secrets and pics of the pigs in the dirty water.

I know where one of those spots is. You can keep that toxic water stuff. YUK lol
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

its abought all of the above but saddly no fish around so its just the pics without fish and cardoc u fish in toxic waters to the bay was once an open sewer all that crap is still there out of site out of mind

thats funny G. We got lead and all kinds of stuff here. Just had to bust your balls.

BTW it cant be that toxic now in the bay. My wife still has only 2 boobs instead of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    Come on homie, where are the pics of the bigguns in the back. I have been dying to see some actual action from our neck of the woods. What's up.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    its abought all of the above but saddly no fish around so its just the pics without fish and cardoc u fish in toxic waters to the bay was once an open sewer all that crap is still there out of site out of mind
    Sadly, this is a slow year.

Here are some figures to give you an idea. They're off the top of my head, may not be completely accurate, but just to give you an idea....
    When I first met G in 2008, there was a guy we know who pulled in over 100 bass, 28 to 49 1/2" for the season. Then in 2009, he got 76, to 50".

I don't think he'll come close to that for this year's numbers. Some of the ASMFC figures say that 4 million bass a year pass through those waters, bays, and harbor areas. You could always count on at least 1 nice bass if you went down there and hung out for a night of bunker chunkin.

Now, it's hit and miss.

The warmer water this year may have affected the fishing. There are some places north of us where the water is 10-15 degrees cooler, and the bass are concentrated around. The thing that puzzles me is there have always been resident bass, and this year has been slim pickins for the resident bass in that area. This could also be an early indication that there are less bass around, like some captains and veteran anglers have been saying.

Hopefully the fall will produce better conditions, and the bass and gorilla bluefish will be back there again. Usually, fish to 35# stop by on the way down south to feed on the bunker. A lot of Dirty Water Anglers are counting on that. I hope they get their wishes.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast