Thread: Report: RISSA show March 19-21, 2010

Default Report: RISSA show March 19-21, 2010

Just a FYI for the RISSA show this weekend, guys and girls.
    It's one of the biggest in the area.

http://www.nesaltwatershow.com/

Featuring:
    Tackle, Rods, Reels, Boats, Electronics, Charters, Guides and Continuous Seminars Presented by New England's Top Fishing Experts

"Sunday is Family Day"
    All women and children (12 & under)
    FREE
    !

March 19 - March 21
    Show Hours:
    Fri: Noon - 9 pm
    Sat: 9 am - 7 pm
    Sun: 10 am - 5 pm
    Admission: $10
    Ages 12 and under :
    Free

Click here for Admission discount

I've been attending this show for the last few years. A lot of people who live in the Rhody and Mass area will be going. Some others might have reservations in light of the poor economy and the travel time.

I can tell you that it's one of the biggest shows in the area. You have all your standard tackle retailers and the fishing and hunting outfitters, that's pretty standard at all the big shows.

In addition, you will also have quite a few of the New England plug builders there. Another thing I like about that show is you get to meet local tackle or plug makers that you might not see in the NY/NJ area. I can always find something that interests me at that show.

I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll be driving up there to report on it. For me, part of the thrill is the drive up through Rhody, where you pass through some of the most beautiful shore areas and coastline, if you take the scenic route.

I don't know about you people, but I'm always happy when I drive past bodies of water. For me, that thrill begins as I drive through the coastal and river areas of Connecticut and continues to the rocky shores of Rhode Island. I never seem to get enough of those beautiful views.

Places like Point Judith and other scenic coastal areas are enough to make any surf fisherman feel like he's died and gone to heaven.

So if you do get a chance to hit that show, I would suggest taking extra time to hit some of that beautiful coastline as well. It's worth the trip.

Default Sunday if family day

"Sunday is Family Day"
    All women and children (12 & under)
    FREE
    !

This is one of the most intelligent things the RISSA show organizers have done, and they deserve a special thanks for doing so.

I don't mean to bash any shows I have been to this year. I try to find something good to say about every show I report on, no matter what the circumstances.

However, the "big" area shows at the exhibition centers are becoming more expensive each year. It sometimes becomes financially prohibitive for a guy to take his whole family to a show when the tickets are $12, even if they have a "children under 10 free" policy.

Then, when you consider the price of food in those places, with $6 hotdogs and $2 sodas, a working guy taking his family of 4 to a show like that will easily spend over $100 on ancillary expenses before he even decides to buy one item from a vendor.

So when I see the promos like the above offered by the RISSA folks, it's a big deal to me, and worth praising.

I hope that this brilliant marketing technique catches on at some of the other big shows, because certainly it will bring more families in..

Even though we all love fishing and the outdoors, spending time with family is precious. It's refreshing to see show promoters who recognize that.

I think some of our members here will be at the show. I believe Armand from RI poppers will have a booth there, and also doing a seminar on small boat codfishing.

http://www.atlanticoffshorelures.com...RS_Castin.html

If anyone else is going or has anything to report about the show, feel free to post up.

Armand will be there. I will be there on saturday along with Gunny, Jake, Jackbass, and hopefully a few others from our club. Hope to meet you there.

Took a ride today to the ocean to one of my favorite spots. Mid 60's weather and sunny. Just looked so beautiful. Can't wait to get back out there
    Enjoy the Journey