Thread: NJ fishing reports for April 2010

Hybrid View

Great bluefish action at the park yesterday with blues from 7-12lbs. metal and poppers. They were following bunker. A few bass were caught as well. I only got bluefish.

We had a nice day of trolling stretch 25s and jigging just down the beach from the hook. Bass to 21lbs, blues to 13lbs. Great day on the water.

It's amazing what happens when bananas are farther than 500 yards away from the water!!!!!!

Mrs cardoc and I fished 6:00 till 3:00. Couldn't get a fish to even give us the stink eye. Couldn't figure it out. Tried everything but the kitchen sink. LOL not really. Then mrs cardoc leans over to me and asks "hey whats RIP eating over there? I swear its a banana!!!" I was like no way thats whats wrong here. All of a sudden here come Dark up behind us, so we had to tell him. RIP says it wasn't a banana, but sure looked like one from where i sat. hahahahahahahahahahahha

Got some fresh clams and hung out for a while longer and it paid off with a nice fat keeper. The water did start to warm up. Bass were all on clams. For a long time not even a hit on bunker at all other than a huge skate. Around 2:30 bunker started to produce and a school of blues swam along the beach and you could tell where they were because everyone in line as they swam hooked up. What an awesome sight.

There was a guy with a kayak and we tried some yak casting. He took my line out on his kayak while i held the pole and dropped it about 200 yards out for me. I know, its silly but we tried just to have fun. All i got from that was a skate and on top of the skatet were 2 horseshoe crabs mating. So I reeled in the 3some felt like a 50lb anchor and we headed home. Saw some nice blackfish caught too.

I must say, we have met some awesome friends here on this site. We have also met some really cool people on the water as well. Love hanging and fishing with you guys. Lots of laughs and good times. RIP says he didnt have a banana, so I guess he didn't. But it was worth the awesome laugh that lasted till i read the posts.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

Sounds like you are all having a great time out there. Not too sure when I will be going out, I am down and out not feeling so good lately. Oh well, I guess the fish will be there when I feel better.

Keep on fishing!

get well soon kim they will and it will only get better when u feel sick its more important to get better

OC fished a piece of structure in the back this morning, one short runt 24", rubber. wtg on the reports guys looks like a lot of fun is being had. Hope you feel better Pebbles.

We fished S of BI today for bass. Marked some bait, but nothing on the umbrella rig. Tried jigging over the bait and got 2 bluefish. That's all she wrote.
    Feel better Pebbles.

Yes we are having so much fun and along the way learning a lot of interesting stuff. We are all so interested in how to catch bass. I am definatley going to be on a mission sunday night. I am going to plug and jig my a s s off. I can not wait. I am going to spend some quality time with my family and then its on

sorry to here your not feeling well hope you feel better soon