Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NJ fishing reports for April 2010

Default More C&R bass on the full moon night shift

Had to work late yesterday and got down to the water after the flood. Tide was extremely high so decided to fish the nomoco ocean. One of my most productive spots drew a blank. I fished for 2 hours from 11-1 probing the whole water column, couldn't even manage a tap. I was a little frustrated as I felt some fish should have been there. The horrendous winds of the last 2 days dropped out to a light W breeze, conditions were almost perfect.

Took a nap in the car, was woken up by 2:30 cell phone call from Wish4fish the 420 dude. I felt bad blowing him and his crew off all the time, so we met up. We decided to hit a spot with bucktails. The first few minutes we had good action but no hookups, very non-committal hits. Picky bluefish, aggravating.

We changed it up a bit and started throwing storm shads. Fish hit more aggressively and we had more hookups. We each landed about 1/2 dozen, give or take, to 10#. Each lost several more. The tide dropped out and it got real shallow. I hit one keeper bass as the tide approached the last hour of the ebb.

Took a pic for the C&R thread and sent it back.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=5854

That was the last of the action at that spot. The young punk said he was tired and had to go home.

I continued on to another place and fished it from 4:30-6am. Again, I had trouble finding what to present to the fish as they were picky. I managed one hit on a white magnum bomber under the full moon's illumination of the water. Several more hits on the different bucktails, nothing at all on magdarters and various small swimmers that had been money over the past week.

There was no consistent bite until I again switched to shads. Started getting bit, and landing fish. Landed 3 to 12#, those big blues get me more pumped up than the bass as the fight gets my adrenalin going.

I hate recommending storm shads when big bluefish are around. Wish4fish and I each went through 2 packs and some singles I had laying around. It's an expensive way to catch fish. Bucktails with pork or ledheads with rubber are usually a better alternative.

But last night the storm shads outproduced all other presentations even though there wasn't much bait around in the water. It is what it is, gotta roll with what works.

The bite died at 6am. I went somewhere else to find a different part of the tide, but that was dead too.

On the way home I stopped at the beach to see how Cardoc, Mrs Cardoc, and Rip were doing, they were at a local beach clam fishin.

At that time they had not caught anything, hope they can get into fish as the tide turns around this afternoon.

Rumor has it that's because RIP brought a banana sammich to the beach and the early morning bite shut down.

Rip, that's bad mojo! ya can't bring those bananas on a boat, or on a beach either!
    No more bananas on the beach!

The water is warming up, and so is the hype about all the fish being caught.

There were some nice bass caught this morning. Anytime you have 100 guys lined up fishin next to each other someone is bound to stick a fish or 2. Honestly it was a very slow pick, it could get better as the water rises a degree or so today.

Good luck everyone.

Damn man. Do you have a computer in your pocket or something? How in the world did you beat me home and to the computer. Now in my defense, I did not take a bannan samich out fishing. It was actually Cardocs wife. She makes these mean spicey hot dogs and came up with the idea of mixing them with bannanas. I told her they were bad luck but, I guess her logic was that if she gave one to me and I ate it than The bad carma would go my way and they would catch all of the fish. Ha so there. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    I told her they were bad luck but, I guess her logic was that if she gave one to me and I ate it than The bad carma would go my way and they would catch all of the fish. Ha so there. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    That's it blame it on the women!
    You know you're gonna be doggin it today if she catches a nice bass like she usually does and beats out most of the guys on the beach....
    My money's on Mrs Cardoc.

6:30 to 8 AM 3 bass to 31" all alive and well

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice job Fin. Is it May yet already?

good job everyone u all are die hard nite in nite out with all the bs reports i see, with this group most of the time its not hype tite lines and good fishin to all

Great bluefish action at the park yesterday with blues from 7-12lbs. metal and poppers. They were following bunker. A few bass were caught as well. I only got bluefish.

We had a nice day of trolling stretch 25s and jigging just down the beach from the hook. Bass to 21lbs, blues to 13lbs. Great day on the water.

It's amazing what happens when bananas are farther than 500 yards away from the water!!!!!!

Mrs cardoc and I fished 6:00 till 3:00. Couldn't get a fish to even give us the stink eye. Couldn't figure it out. Tried everything but the kitchen sink. LOL not really. Then mrs cardoc leans over to me and asks "hey whats RIP eating over there? I swear its a banana!!!" I was like no way thats whats wrong here. All of a sudden here come Dark up behind us, so we had to tell him. RIP says it wasn't a banana, but sure looked like one from where i sat. hahahahahahahahahahahha

Got some fresh clams and hung out for a while longer and it paid off with a nice fat keeper. The water did start to warm up. Bass were all on clams. For a long time not even a hit on bunker at all other than a huge skate. Around 2:30 bunker started to produce and a school of blues swam along the beach and you could tell where they were because everyone in line as they swam hooked up. What an awesome sight.

There was a guy with a kayak and we tried some yak casting. He took my line out on his kayak while i held the pole and dropped it about 200 yards out for me. I know, its silly but we tried just to have fun. All i got from that was a skate and on top of the skatet were 2 horseshoe crabs mating. So I reeled in the 3some felt like a 50lb anchor and we headed home. Saw some nice blackfish caught too.

I must say, we have met some awesome friends here on this site. We have also met some really cool people on the water as well. Love hanging and fishing with you guys. Lots of laughs and good times. RIP says he didnt have a banana, so I guess he didn't. But it was worth the awesome laugh that lasted till i read the posts.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

Sounds like you are all having a great time out there. Not too sure when I will be going out, I am down and out not feeling so good lately. Oh well, I guess the fish will be there when I feel better.

Keep on fishing!

get well soon kim they will and it will only get better when u feel sick its more important to get better

OC fished a piece of structure in the back this morning, one short runt 24", rubber. wtg on the reports guys looks like a lot of fun is being had. Hope you feel better Pebbles.

We fished S of BI today for bass. Marked some bait, but nothing on the umbrella rig. Tried jigging over the bait and got 2 bluefish. That's all she wrote.
    Feel better Pebbles.

Yes we are having so much fun and along the way learning a lot of interesting stuff. We are all so interested in how to catch bass. I am definatley going to be on a mission sunday night. I am going to plug and jig my a s s off. I can not wait. I am going to spend some quality time with my family and then its on

sorry to here your not feeling well hope you feel better soon

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011