Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for April 2010

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    That's a great fish Fin! I was hoping to head out the SH this weekend. Has any heard if is any action there?
    fished sh this morning nothing one small hit didn't see any body catch anything.water still too cold.

fished rb last night , two small fish got a lot of hits. going back out in about an hour.hope there a lot bigger.

Hi Chas. I have been fishing RB as well. Obviously you are fishing the incoming tide this evening. I have a few keepers this year and they have all been caught just about at the top of the tide. Would you possibly let me know how you made out this evening? Thanks. You can PM me if you don't want leak any info. Thanks
    RIP

Hey RIP, I went out in my spot just to take a walk and do some homework LOL. Water was flat and incoming. The guy that was next to me last night who wanted to pay me 5 buck to reel in my fish so he could feel waht it was like said nothing happening. Talked to a couple other guys out there and same news. Feeling a lil under the weather today, so I'm done till monday now.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    Hi Chas. I have been fishing RB as well. Obviously you are fishing the incoming tide this evening. I have a few keepers this year and they have all been caught just about at the top of the tide. Would you possibly let me know how you made out this evening? Thanks. You can PM me if you don't want leak any info. Thanks
    RIP
    hi rip went out last night 6 too 10pm , nothing got acouple of small hits.one guy had a keeper at 630 but that was it.water was brown.i'll try again tonight

I know for a fact that giving it a shot tonight will not be worth it. The South wind is messing up the water worse than it was before. Don't bother unless you just want to get out. Wit for tomorrow evening and Monday. jmo

Fished RB from 8 to noon ..so crowded it was hard to find a spot . big. I didn’t see any action on the beach either.
    Dark ..thanks for the offer of a free plug …but it should go to Buckethead …he gave me the ideal.

Madcaster, Thanks man, you deserve it. You picked up the trash. You should be commended.

I went out the other night got skunked but I did pick up some trash. Let's just keep spreading the word. Cleaner beaches means fewer access restrictions and cleaner living.

I went to a usual spot today and discovered that a party went on the night b4. Burned logs empty beer cans, chip bags, cig boxes, all kind of junk. Pick up after yourself people. Honestly. It was just disgusting. No need for it. Apaulling.

That sucks RIP. I hate seeing that crap on the beaches. After talking to a couple cops last year, no one is supposed to be having fires on the bay beaches. Last year I fished Cliffwood a lot and almost everynight someone would have a fire out there. Sometimes there were 4-5 fires going. The cops that I met had told me if I see anyone out there with fires going to let them know. Because if it happened and continued to happen they would start by kicking those guys off the beach. However, ny thought was they would eventually stop all fishing after dark. Even though they tried to do so on the other side of the wall because some *** thought it was ok to use the place as a public bathroom where people could see form their house. That didn't totally work out only because the 3 or 5 of us who made friend with the cops were not hassled. Sometimes them seeing you take garbage out with you and cleaning the beaches allows them to gain trust in you. All it takes is one time for a ranger or cop to go out there at night where you were RIP and see that chit and it will be locked down for the rest of the year. It's not like a fire is easy to hide at night!!! It is enough that they want to close us out from certain areas as it is. Have some respect those who don't care about tomorrow and the rest of us. Stop risking our beach access so you can have one night of drunken skunk.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

fished rb last night,from6too10pm nothing not even a tap.had too be 15 to 20 people there' didn't see anything caught.

Well said Cardoc.

Fished the back bay earlier this evening. Got a few taps and one short.

Default Skunked in 2 time zones...

I was close to a back bay area after Easter dinner tonight, so I had to pull out the rod for some casts. I was dying for some artificial action.

The bay was warm, in the high 40's, as I threw small plugs and rubber for about an hour of the flood tide. There was no bait to be seen at all, and I knew it was time to quit as the S wind started building again.

I still wanted some action, so I went to the back of RB with a bag of clams to fish the rest of the flood. As I got there I ran into a friend, who had just nailed a keeper on his first cast.

Unfortunately, he was marked with the "first cast curse".For the next 2 hrs neither he nor I got any hookups.

Despite the warm days, there are still some bay areas where the water is pretty cold.

IMO that's one of the reasons the early spring run this year is different from last year's.

Pic of my friend's fish:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-5-10 keeper.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	10648

I know that fish. LOL.

had some clams left over from last week. went to sh this morning'got my first keeper nice 29 inch fat fish.got it at 12 noon,one small hit all morning.

Fished SH last night got skunked.

Default fishing the late tides...and the bunker adventure

G and I hit some RB spots last night to do some scouting and fishing. Bunker were playing musical chairs and were not in some of the places they had been visiting. At one of the first stops, we met some cool people who fish every night

We intended to fish the last of the flood and half the ebb. We did but it was boring as hell. We had fresh clams, rotten clams, and clams that were only slightly stinky, covering all bases for the "hot clam bite".

G had one small runoff on his bait runner. I had no action whatsoever other than small flounder trying to supersize their meal.

There was a mid-teens S wind when we started. That continued for the duration until it shifted back and forth from S to W. It was interesting as the S wind of mid-60's air made it feel like June, and the cool intermittent W wind was in the mid-40's.

I grew impatient with the lack of action and waded about 1/2 mile of shoreline probing every slough and depression I knew of in that area.

I kept getting serenaded by some traveling geese that decided to rest in the area I was. There must have been about 300 of them in a shadow line on the water, a long line of quacks in the night.

Try as I might, I couldn't find any swans, though.
    How about that, Fin?

We finally decided mid-tide that it wasn't gonna happen for us. This despite seeing scattered single spearing up to 5". I brought spearing profile yozuris to fish, but as I said the spearing were few and far between, not one school to be found. The bunker we were hoping would show never came in to that area, and we packed it in to scout some more bunker spots.

We hit a few and at one of them, G looked depressed because he knows his Dirty Water Spots are more productive right now. I think he was hanging over a bridge somewhere...
    Someone thought he was a jumper and called the police.

They appeared like ghosts in the night to question our motives. When we told them we were just fishin freaks lookin for bunker it was all good and we stood there BS'ing for awhile. Turns out they're fishermen too.

They agreed to let us go on the condition that G get psychiatric help for his Dirty Water Depression and promised them he wouldn't hang over any more bridges.

We continued on to some other spots, marked small pods of bunker. We tried snagging a few but they were scattered. It was still good to be out and about on the bunker adventure. The fishin sucked, but we still manage to find adventure wherever we go, and G tolerates my lunacy.

You bait guys sure do put alot of time in, for next to nothingguess you like the smell of clams all over you

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Here's a little secret, Fin, if ya rub stinky clams or bunker all over your body right before you go to bed, on the 2 nights after a new moon, you'll catch a 40# bass.

You'll also be single forever...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast