Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for April 2010

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Here's a little secret, Fin, if ya rub stinky clams or bunker all over your body right before you go to bed, on the 2 nights after a new moon, you'll catch a 40# bass.

You'll also be single forever...
    All you need to catch a small head 40# is a Northbar bottle darter

Part 2) I plan I being single for ever anyway

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

dark u are out of your mind but i do need my dirty water fix i am going into get help i need a doctor

Congrats Chas on your forst keeper of the season. Nice to hear someone got a keeper these last couple days. I'm going to try tonight and tomorrow night where I normally go and see what happens.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

Grats on the keepers guys. I'm in a slump lately. I fished a back bay piece of structure tonight 6-8pm last of the outgoing tide. Rubber on a ledhead, skunk city.

Don't feel bad jigfreak, same results for me tonight using clams. I got one solid hit, no hookset.

Bunker were playing musical chairs and were not in some of the places they had been visiting...

We had fresh clams, rotten clams, and clams that were only slightly stinky, covering all bases for the "hot clam bite".

G had one small runoff on his bait runner. I had no action whatsoever other than small flounder trying to supersize their meal.

I kept getting serenaded by some traveling geese that decided to rest in the area I was. There must have been about 300 of them in a shadow line on the water, a long line of quacks in the night.

We hit a few and at one of them, G looked depressed because he knows his Dirty Water Spots are more productive right now. I think he was hanging over a bridge somewhere...
    Someone thought he was a jumper and called the police.

They appeared like ghosts in the night to question our motives.

They agreed to let us go on the condition that G get psychiatric help for his Dirty Water Depression and promised them he wouldn't hang over any more bridges.
    Great writing style, dark! If I do get a job writing short articles I hope you don't mind if I steal some of your stylings. btw, did G really hang over a bridge, or are you exaggerating as usual?

no i was not hanging off a bridge

hahahahahaha

Congrats on the keeper, Chas.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    did G really hang over a bridge, or are you exaggerating as usual?
    Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    no i was not hanging off a bridge
    Steve, G would never do that, he's got too much common sense to hang over a bridge, I was just bustin his balz.
    Actually, I was the one that was hangin over, and it was just a bit. Those sneaky bunker sometimes play hide and seek when they see someone above, so ya gotta peer over and move back in a kinda surprise attack. Someone saw me doing that, thought there was a jumper, and police were called. They really were very cool about it, though. Oh well...

Smile

fished the RB last couple hours of the outgoing with Mrs Cardoc and RIP. Had a great time on the water. Weather was superb and water temps were high. Despite all the negative reports, I had a hunch and Mrs cardoc landed a nice 31 inch keeper. I got a fat 26 and RIP got 2 shorts. Made for a really nice night. We also had a lot of hits stealing bait.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0056.jpg  

I don't think you should ever fish without your wife, Cardoc, she's definitely a good luck charm!

Congrats to you all. Whether you catch keepers or not you guys know how to have a good time.

It hurts when I laugh so hard

Actually, I was the one that was hangin over, and it was just a bit. Those sneaky bunker sometimes play hide and seek when they see someone above, so ya gotta peer over and move back in a kinda surprise attack. Someone saw me doing that, thought there was a jumper, and police were called. They really were very cool about it, though. Oh well...
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

dark wherever u go the po po follows lol. whats up wid that?
    fished this morning rb 3-6 wit some bunker, 2 bass to 27".

Nice fish cardoc765. You seem to be having some consistent success.

Fished the bay for the morning bite. No fish but lots of bait moving in.Mr and Mrs Cardoc, great fish.

Congrats to the cardoc family.
    Your wife looks very happy.

Thanks guys. Yeah somehow my wife installed an ejection button on her chair. She is so on top of it now. She'll be sitting there joking and having fun and a small tap on a rod and she's airborne and at that rod in a sec. She loves it now.

good fish keep it up it will only get better

I had a blast guys. Can't wait to see you again in a couple of hrs. I think there will be a trifecta tonight for sure.

Great fish.... Sounds like you guys really have a blast.

I finally got out this morning 7 - 12 RB Two spots. Clams and worms... not a tap. Hit a small creek on the way home and got a short. At least I avoided the skunk. I might make another trip out tonight with the clams I have left over.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast