I think we all have experienced the good sights on the surf- sunrises, blitzes, pods of bait, a young surfcaster, and so on, you know what I’m getting at.

But how about some of the depressing or aggravating sights that we have seen. On my walks I’ve seen dead baby dolphins, countless dead sea turtles, a dead whale, a so called “Montauk Monster”, deer washed up, more needles in the sand than I care to think about, and boats that just drove straight onto the beach.

Sea Robins and skates and sharks thrown on the beach as if the fisher was gonna wipe them out from their spot. Garbage galore left behind by lazy individuals.

Stripers mis-handled on the release.

Some other sights that drive me nuts are people that just throw their sticks in the sand or putting their hooks right in one of their guides instead of the guide support, both habits that invite trouble.

Don’t know why I posted this, just had a lot to think about while on the walks, it’s just things that have had a lasting impression on me. Some things I have no control over, other things said are usually not appreciated.