Thread: Deal, NJ...Foe of surfers,or just looking for extra revenue?

Default Deal, NJ...Foe of surfers,or just looking for extra revenue?

A surfer friend of mine was mentioning that surfers are now fined up to $400 for changing in the streets before or after. It's not like the guys were getting naked in the streets. We're talking about changing from the wetsuits to street clothes. Most surfers do this in the privacy of their vans or SUVs when no one is around or looking.

I do it at times when I'm coming back from a place fishin, and for some reason get soaked.

Just a head's up to guys out there who have been doing this. Even though you're discreet about it, the town now has a zero tolerance policy.

Here's my friend Rick's comments:

"If caught changing ,400 buck tickets . Fyi , every town has them on the books as disrobing laws.Since the early 1900s this was used to keep the riff raff out."

And one from Finchaser:

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Deal loves them so much they are issuing $400 fines if caught changing in or out of a wet suit in the street.

its a little of both deal has allways bin a pain in the *** when i was younger we would drive down and we go through deal and the cops are a HOLES get stoped all the time why not bother the snot nosed rich kids with there big partys geting drunk high and acting a fool i can tell its true i have seen them but in deal they go after the easy target fisherman surfers well we all know how it goes money talks

All you have to do is target 10 surfers a week at $400 a pop and the chief of police is a hero.

yup

With all the cuts in Jersey, it is another way for them to screw honest people to increase their revenue.