Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's all honor America by buying Muslim stamps?

Default Let's all honor America by buying Muslim stamps?

Sent in by Finchaser, thanks.

This is true, according to Snopes, although it could not be attributed to President Obama's orders.

.Apparently they think that putting hearts and butterflies on will make most people not realize that the rest is Arabic and probably not something we want to support.

New Stamp - the second one!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	10684

USPS New 44-Cent StampCelebrates a Muslim holiday.
    If there is only ONE thing you forward today... let it be this!

President Obama has directed the United States Postal Service to REMEMBER and HONOR the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a new commemorative 44-Cent First Class Holiday Postage Stamp.
    REMEMBER to adamantly & vocally BOYCOTT this stamp, when you are purchasing your stamps at the post office.

All you have to say is
    "No thank you, I do not want that Muslim Stamp on my letters!"

To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.
    REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of Pan Am Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World TradeCenter in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon !

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Military Barracks in Saudi Arabia !

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa !

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on
    9/11/2001 !

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Pass this along to every Patriotic American that you know and get the word out!

Honor the United States of America !

What has happened to this country????
    Every day I read something or see something that I just cannot believe.
    Can anyone still believe that Pelosie is still in office or actually was elected to office?
    Then all this other stuff.
    Unreal.
    Last edited by Monty; 04-09-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: I am a knuckle head
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

The guys at a bodega near me are Muslim as well as at a local gas station. I have no problems with them at all. I worked on the pile at the WTC and of course it was very sobering. It made me think of the kind of people that would do something like this. It was not just Muslims, they were Jihadists. Muslim is a religion. Just like christianity. All religions have their zealots.

There was one guy who had a hatred for all people of one religion, what was his name again? Oh yeah, it was Hitler, who was a christian I might add.

Disliking all Muslims for what an infinitesimally small percentage of their religion did to our countrymen is incredibly small-minded and downright hateful.

Again,E Pluribus Unum

Quote Originally Posted by Frankiesurf View Post
    The guys at a bodega near me are Muslim as well as at a local gas station.
    Bodega Muslims?
    Probably...

Gas Station Muslims?
    I would be very surprised to hear that.

From what I know of the Indian culture, many are not Muslim, but Sikhs. While there are Indians who are Muslim, different groups tend to gravitate to work in certain areas.

Therefore, it would be likely that a person of Indian descent working in a gas station could be from Pubjab, and a Sikh.

It would be likely that a person working in a bulk store (dollar store, 7-11, etc, )could be a person of Indian descent from Gujrat.

So what makes you think the gas station guys are Muslims, Frankie?

They said so. If they are Pakistani, they are most likely Muslim

I have nothing against the muslims in this country. Most are hard working people like the rest of us. The problem I have with the stamp is that 9-11 is close to the hearts of the american people. It is a slap in the face to those who died. I for one will not be buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by stripermania View Post
    I have nothing against the muslims in this country. Most are hard working people like the rest of us. The problem I have with the stamp is that 9-11 is close to the hearts of the american people. It is a slap in the face to those who died. I for one will not be buying it.

I agree Stripermania, many Muslims are hard working, and contribute much to this country.

Singling out their language and culture to honor in a stamp might not have been the best idea, IMO.

I could be wrong, but I believe we haven't had a US stamp thus far honoring Catholicism, Protestantism, Sikhs, Judaism, Buddhism or Atheism.

So the fact that we have one honoring Muslims might not have been the wisest choice in light of the raw feelings people still have about 9/11. A smart leader makes himself aware of the implications of these choices. The Postal service may have chosen it, but somewhere down the line it had to come to the attention of the executive branch. It's my opoinion that the executive branch should be on point when these issues arise and do their best to minimize any potential conflict.

This isn't a case of bruised feelings here. There were thousands who died as a result of those attacks. It could have been handled differently.

My feeling this is suppose to be America we can not give every race or religion a holiday,brochures and signs in every language.
    I am from Italian descent, my ancestors learned to read and write English they didn't have an Italian stamp. Stopping prayer,saluting the flag,rumor of no more national anthem among other things is ridiculous. If they don't like it, let them go back to where ever the hell they came from. Our own so called president doesn't salute the flag even on veterans day, but ok's a stamp from I believe his religion.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

The USPS has Christmas stamps, Hannukah stamps, Chinese New Year stamps, Kwanza stamps even a stamp featuring mary and baby jesus. The stamp is honoring a muslim holy day just like your christmas is a holy day albeit a borrowed pagan one.

Barack Obama is a christian.

There is no reason for prayer in school.

When Obama was running for Office, he wasn't supposed to salute the flag just as even now he isn't required to. He is not in uniform therefore there is no law about the hand over the heart during the National Anthem or anything else. Standing in Reverence, as he has done, is part of the customs surrounding our National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance.

Just for the record, I am fairly certain that the old guy at the Hess station had nothing to do with the attacks on the WTC. If the USPS is honoring his holiday with a stamp then good for him.

Come to think of it, why don't Atheists or Agnostics have a stamp? That is downright discriminatory.

Barack Obama is a christian.
    Is he a Christian or a Moslem?
    He's the first president in history to not attend a Christmas service of any type. Any rational explanations for that?

There is no reason for prayer in school.
    Sure there is no legal reason for it, I understand that. But what is wrong with letting children pray in school if they choose to do it?

When Obama was running for Office, he wasn't supposed to salute the flag just as even now he isn't required to. He is not in uniform therefore there is no law about the hand over the heart during the National Anthem or anything else. Standing in Reverence, as he has done, is part of the customs surrounding our National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance.
    When I grew up, saluting the flag and hand over heart during the Pledge of Allegiance was a sign of respect for soldiers and others who sacrificed their lives defending our country. When did that not become important?

Come to think of it, why don't Atheists or Agnostics have a stamp? That is downright discriminatory.
    Pedophiles are people too, why don't they have a stamp?

The point I'm trying to make I think is a reasonable one. Obama comes into office and you might think he wants to get along with as many people as possible. That bodes well for his political future.

So why would he look to anger Veterans, soldiers who've defended our country, and implicitly disrespect people who have shed their blood for this country by not saluting the flag?

If one wants to give him credit for his achievements and reaching the highest political office in the nation, why would he not want to learn the "political game" and realize which things are, and aren't, hot buttons with the American public?

#1 Who really cares what religion he is and how he worships? This should have nothing to do with his Presidency and political decisions. That is his personal preference. This is also the subject that the last retard based his decisions on. See how well that panned out?

#2 Sure, if a kid wants to pray then let him, who cares. It should not be done by any teachers or administrators because it is not their job to force prayer on ANYBODY.

#3 It is important but saluting or putting your hand over your heart is not necessary. He was "standing in reverence" which is perfectly acceptable.

#4 Pedophiles are criminals and miscreants. It is not a religious belief. Agnosticism and Atheism ARE religious beliefs. That is why.

Do you really think that he and his aides are clueless when it comes to the "political game"? Come on, you don't get there by being ignorant. Well, except for the last guy in office.

#1 Who really cares what religion he is and how he worships? This should have nothing to do with his Presidency and political decisions. That is his personal preference. This is also the subject that the last retard based his decisions on. See how well that panned out?
    If you love Muslims so much, will you be adopting any or converting to Islam soon?
    Anxiously waiting to hear when this will happen. I hate them and think they should all die. I don't care if it's politically correct or not. During WWII they put all the japs in camps, we should do the same with muslims until all terrorists who declared war on the US are executed. End of problem.
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 04-20-2010 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Please try to stay on topic guys.

Be nice, Frankie can't help it if his idol won't salute the flag but bows to Muslim leaders and apologies to them for the US. Wouldn't surprise me if they funded his election. It's hard to find people who even admit they voted for him.
    I go to many fishing meetings and fund raiser dinners and in general the US fishermen have had it with Nobama and his strong arm tactics. There is even talk that it's a shame he can't be impeached. Then again he has succeeded in almost bankrupting the US,lets face it his cash for clunkers increased foreign car sales,since he was too stupid to insist they buy American. Just another oops, so why not a stamp or better yet maybe a US holiday honoring the Muslims.

Couple of geniuses we have here, especially you jigfreak.

I will not even dignify your asinine comments with a thought out and coherent remark because if you don't then why should I.

Done with this nonsense.

Part of the reason for founding this great country was freedom of speech and expression.

I know you guys are all adults, so I'm gonna ask you to try to stay on point and reference the topic at hand. If you have strong opposing opinions, fine. I don't have the time to go in and start reviewing each post to see if it merits editing. So far that's been a good strategy here, because you've all shown a fair amount of respect for each other. I thank you for that, and for continuing to do that without my supervision.

I'm asking you all to show restraint and keep the focus on the topic without making characterizations of each other.

Thanks guys.

^^All right, so the way you wrote that we can still say Obama sucks as a president, is the worst president ever, and will probably end up bankrupting this country so that it takes a decade to pull out of the depression he will put us into. That's definitely more important than a stupid stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ^^All right, so the way you wrote that we can still say Obama sucks as a president, is the worst president ever, and will probably end up bankrupting this country so that it takes a decade to pull out of the depression he will put us into. That's definitely more important than a stupid stamp.

well said

I almost agree with you.
    Worst president ever not so sure. It was Bush who started this thing with stealing , I mean the bailout of"to big to fail" financial institutions. It was his regime that transferred all that money to oil companies.
    Between the republican and democratic partys we are screwed.
    Greed
    Corrupt
    Self serving
    Plain stupid
    Power mongrels

We need at the least a 3rd party.
    In my opinion blasting/blaming Obama must include Bush.
    Blaming the democrats must include the republicans.
    We (the public)are without "good faith" representation in any form.

They all suck.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I almost agree with you.
    Worst president ever not so sure. It was Bush who started this thing with stealing , I mean the bailout of"to big to fail" financial institutions. It was his regime that transferred all that money to oil companies.
    Between the republican and democratic partys we are screwed.
    Greed
    Corrupt
    Self serving
    Plain stupid
    Power mongrels

We need at the least a 3rd party.
    In my opinion blasting/blaming Obama must include Bush.
    Blaming the democrats must include the republicans.
    We (the public)are without "good faith" representation in any form.

They all suck.

Agree they all suck but at least Bush was for fisherman and made bass a gamefish in Federal waters,Nobama is a PEW puppet totally against us, even eliminating public opinons on fishery management. IMO he is the worst or will become the worst as he eliminates our rights one at a time.

I agree, we live in crazy times.
    Its unthinkable what we are witnessing..
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Agree they all suck but at least Bush was for fisherman and made bass a gamefish in Federal waters,Nobama is a PEW puppet totally against us, even eliminating public opinons on fishery management. IMO he is the worst or will become the worst as he eliminates our rights one at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast