Thread: April, 2010 Harbor Tackle Report, W. Ocean City Md

Default April, 2010 Harbor Tackle Report, W. Ocean City Md

Harbor Tackle, West Ocean City, Md. Fishing Report for April 16, 2010
    Finally something to report, I thought I might have to turn my store into Harbor Tackle Candy Store and if for those who know me you know that I would soon eat all my profits. A few of my customers are starting to hook up some stripers at AI using fresh bunker. The Inlet is producing scattered stripers. The tog fishermen are catching fish at the usual places mostly using live green crabs along with frozen sand fleas and live chowder clams. Even though the flounder season does not open until April 17th, some flounder have shown up in the south bay behind Assateague and some stripers have been picked up too.

Devon Fernandez picked up this 23 inch tog using live green crabs at 4th Street in Ocean City.

Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, live bloodworms, live green crabs, live eels, black saltys, live chowder clams, big live minnows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4-3-10 devon herndez.jpg  
    Beverly Fleming
    Harbor Tackle & Home of the Annual Red Drum Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by btf View Post
    Finally something to report, I thought I might have to turn my store into Harbor Tackle Candy Store and if for those who know me you know that I would soon eat all my profits. Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, live bloodworms, live green crabs, live eels, black saltys, live chowder clams, big live minnows.

Wow sorry to hear that, it seems the regs are hurting tackle shops everywhere. Thanks for the positive report.

Harbor Tackle, West Ocean City, Md. Fishing Report for April 23, 2010
    Fishing is starting to pick up. I’m hearing about skates, dogfish and a few stripers at AI. Mid week two 30 inch stripers were taken from the Rt. 50 Bridge. According to my customers, flounder fishing is good. One customer caught 10 fish and 3 were keepers. Another fisherman caught 5 keepers. All of the fish were just over the 19 inch mark. Tog fishermen have had a good week also. A customer was fishing the Inlet and between himself and another man there were 10 keepers caught. All the tog were caught almost at the low tide mark.
    Congratulations to Sam with his 50 + inch striper at AI.
    Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, live bloodworms, live green crabs, live eels, black saltys, live chowder clams, big live minnows, live peelers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4-19-2010 Sam Kilgore.JPG  
    Beverly Fleming
    Harbor Tackle & Home of the Annual Red Drum Tournament