Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Observations

Default Re: Observations

Quote Originally Posted by surfwalker View Post
    Those years I try to forget, only a few Bass for me the whole season (not for lack of trying). And yes, it was pretty solitary, but not much pull on the drag. Lotta just walks and casting, chaulked up to just the way it goes. But the blabbermouths prevailed and the crowds came back more than ever.

Time spent at the water was enjoyed, but the lack of Bass was depressing.

Thanks for sharing that sufwalker.
    Each week out there, other than the key bait and fish migrations when it's relatively easy to catch bass, brings to my mind, more of what you were trying to describe, fishing during the moratorium. I am fishing key fish producing areas, that are not really holding many fish as of late....if I can't consistently do well in a key area....I imagine others may have even more frustration picking a random area and expecting to find fish ....

Default Re: Observations

Quote Originally Posted by williehookem View Post
    Whats good is that the beaches and some inlets are pretty quiet. Piers and bridges are crowded as usual with all the guys slinging bait. If you fish on a weeknight and creep around you hardly run into anyone nowadays. I like that.
    I agree. Except for the weekends and some of the piers and inlets during that time hardly anyone is fishing out there like there used to be. Seems like a lot of folks have given it up for the summer.

Its hard to conceptualize that fish used to be here for the whole summer. Now its like we have 2 main runs the spring run which can last about 6 weeks and the fall run which can last about 8. Everything in between is poking for the resident fish that may be hanging around. Thanks for sharing how things used to be guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12