Thread: what is it about plugging that gets you going?

Hybrid View

Like everyone else it is the challenge to make something made of wood or plastic look alive and fool a fish to eat it.Pluggers have great skills in knowing how to work each plug they throw the proper way and it takes a lot of practice to make it look and swim realistic,if you have never had a larger blue or bass slam a popping plug you should try it I think you will like what happens hold on to that rod though.

^^^ X2. It is the rush of adrenaline when you least expect it. You fool the fish, and it trys its best to destroy your tackle if it's big enough.

The coolest thing for me about fishing plugs is you don't know when you will get hit. Like you guys said it's the anticipation. You are out there trying to pattern the behavior of a baitfish as you reel the plug in. Then all of a sudden you get slammed! It is the ultimate rush.

What he said^^^^and Yep it sure beats snot slinging

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Cool

I got started by seeing older guys with big rods and big plugs casting for monster gators.
    I promptly bought into the game and was hooked up on the 4th cast,never looked back since.
    working a swimmer on top or below slow and steady,waiting for that touch,ready to strike hard/fast,not knowing if it's a 20lb'er or a 40lb'er that's is the question.
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Rip-Plugger View Post
    I got started by seeing older guys with big rods and big plugs casting for monster gators.
    I promptly bought into the game and was hooked up on the 4th cast,never looked back since.
    working a swimmer on top or below slow and steady,waiting for that touch,ready to strike hard/fast,not knowing if it's a 20lb'er or a 40lb'er that's is the question.
    Me too. I used to throw snot a lot. Did fairly well. There were times when the plug guys would outfish me 3to1 and I am always trying to learn more. So I started trying and liked it. It's amazing how addictive it can become. Especially when you who make your own plugs catch one on something you crafted by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    Me too. I used to throw snot a lot. Did fairly well. There were times when the plug guys would outfish me 3to1 and I am always trying to learn more. So I started trying and liked it. It's amazing how addictive it can become. Especially when you who make your own plugs catch one on something you crafted by hand.
    oh man,theres nothing like it,love getting hit hard and swinging and connecting solid!
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,