Thread: Enjoyment / Satisfaction

Default Enjoyment / Satisfaction

I enjoy catching Bass in a blitz situation. But what I really enjoy is the satisfaction of catching maybe a few Bass when it’s not blitz or ideal conditions. It’s a random cast rather than a cast in the middle of a feeding frenzy.

In a blitz situation, I should be catching, and if not, then it’s on me, I’m doing something wrong.

Naturally I would like to catch every time out, but in a random cast the rush for me just seems more intense.

Again, there’s no judgment call here, whatever way you like. Just curious.

Last night I was satisfied each time I hooked a bluefish because the water was still cold and they were very lethargic and picky.

I enjoy fishing whether I catch or not. The satisfaction for me comes from fooling a fish on an artificial and figuring out what works for that specific night, as time after time I find that what worked yesterday doesn't always work today.

Surfwalker I agree 100% with you.
    I feel I acomplished more, skill wise getting a fish in tough conditions. No dought, a bigger rush, sense of accomplishment.
    Catching lots of fish is fun, for me, catching one or a few bass when not a lot are caught gives me more satisfaction that I used my skills or increased my skills.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

i just enjoy the outdoors fish or no fish i am good when i am out its very relaxing for me and that is what i need some time so if i get fish its a bouns

Quote Originally Posted by surfwalker View Post
    I enjoy catching Bass in a blitz situation. But what I really enjoy is the satisfaction of catching maybe a few Bass when it’s not blitz or ideal conditions. It’s a random cast rather than a cast in the middle of a feeding frenzy.
    Surfwalker at my age satisfaction for me is waking up and finding out I am still alive and can fish a few more days. I enjoy all aspects of fishing, most important to me now is taking the young folks fishing. I love taking the grandchildren and seeing their faces light up as they catch.

I get enjoyment finding fish right under peoples noses.

In a blitz situation, I should be catching, and if not, then it’s on me, I’m doing something wrong.

Naturally I would like to catch every time out, but in a random cast the rush for me just seems more intense.

Again, there’s no judgment call here, whatever way you like. Just curious.
    I haven't seen too many of what you would call blitzes in my short fishing career. Sometimes the birds and bait come in when I am there but this spring i have not seen anything resembling a blitz. I go out there to relax and enjoy the beach. I hope to catch a nice bass but am not disappointed if I don't. good luck to all

But what I really enjoy is the satisfaction of catching maybe a few Bass when it’s not blitz or ideal conditions. It’s a random cast rather than a cast in the middle of a feeding frenzy.
    I agree. I think the challenge is what makes it interesting. There are no guarantees in fishing.

The thrill of the hunt, is better than the chase. Isn't that in a song somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    i just enjoy the outdoors fish or no fish i am good when i am out its very relaxing for me and that is what i need some time so if i get fish its a bouns
    X2

There is nothing like breathing in that salt air and hearing the waves crashing against the beach. If you could bottle that and sell it you would be a millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    catching one or a few bass when not a lot are caught gives me more satisfaction that I used my skills or increased my skills.
    +1